Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i dont know why they dont host the advantage updates though :-\

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the latest advantage software is 2.9.1.2 (as of 7/21)

yeah they sent me 2912, we need to ask SCT to put the adv updates on thier website so we can keep up

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Right, 2912 is the latest. Do I need to send it out to everyone?
Wouldn't hurt. I've got version 2.8.1.4.

Randy - have they updated the software to get the 2-step rev limiter to work, or is it still one of those deals where the tune can be changed, but it won't show up in the Pro Racer software? I'd like to be able to play with the 2-step limiter at some point, but it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Whenever I tried it, the neutral rev limiter stayed active at ALL vehicle speeds, not just below, say, 1 mph. So I could accelerate in gear just fine, but when I went to shift, it was impossible to rev-match at high rpm because the PCM wouldn't let me!

I thought I remembered reading something about how the 2-step limiter will work on the Focus, but you had to e-mail us a file to use it because of a glitch in the software. Sort of like before they fixed the "torque table not forward" or whatever it was.

So I was just wondering if SCT fixed the software so that we can program the 2-step limiter ourselves, i.e. without having to have you e-mail us a file.

I haven't played with the 2-step limiter in quite a while, so maybe they fixed it several versions ago.

Man, this is confusing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts