Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed my Superchip, but the shiftpoint seem unchanged. My car shifted at 6100 rpm w/o the chip and 6100 rpm with the chip. From my understanding, it should have raised them to like 6500 rpm, correct? Of not, what are the shiftpoints on a ATX Focus with a superchip? The code is XAU0 if that matters.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a Diablo chip and my shift points did not change either. I specifically asked for a 6500 to 6700 rpm shift, but I guess I'm S.O.L.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Same thing with mine, still shifts at 6100 with or with out the chip.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does the superchip remove the speed limiter on your ATX? Whould you say you liked the differences that it did make? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I found that the chip does not like to work unless the connectors are carefully cleaned.....as in the board taken out and all the rubber scrubbed off with a scotch pad and alcohol....it worked for me, so its worth a try for you guys

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
as well it changed my WOT shift points to 6500RPMs, increased the line pressure to the valve body (shifts faster), speed limiter remains unconfirmed, and there is a timing advance to boot

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yo mike (PGZX3), question for you. When we put my superchip in your car, did you feel any difference between mine and your superchip?

·
Registered
398 Posts
ok hope this help someone here
i a sedan superchippe ATX
she shift from 1 to 2 at about 28 mph and about 6500 almost 7000
the governor well the guy that programmed it at the dealership which is a Ford Racing Dealer and installer said you will never find it.
I have been to 118 and not found it. So i gave up on it as I was runing out of road.
In my opinion it a great install for a ATX
i would also recommend:
1.Ford racing under drive pully
2.Focussport plug wires
3.Swapping the intake tube from the auto with resonator sitting on top the valvee cover to the one from a manual focus it improves sound and accelation a bit.
4. Focussport cool flow intake
5. my next mod Focus Central Throttle Body with ATX bracket which I think will improve off the line performance.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Im pretty sure mine shifts at 6500 rpms but im not sure, and for the speed gov, im not sure about it, sometimes it feels like its not going to kik in but other times I can't seem to get the car over 111 mph I really don't know..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Originally posted by PGZX3:
I found that the chip does not like to work unless the connectors are carefully cleaned.....as in the board taken out and all the rubber scrubbed off with a scotch pad and alcohol....it worked for me, so its worth a try for you guys
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The guy at superchips told me that if you didn't clean the connector properly then the car wont be able to turn on..

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Originally posted by mcs7865:
Yo mike (PGZX3), question for you. When we put my superchip in your car, did you feel any difference between mine and your superchip?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">your chip felt stock....that is all

Originally posted by Agent725:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by PGZX3:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The guy at superchips told me that if you didn't clean the connector properly then the car wont be able to turn on..</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">and that is SOO not true....I actually put about 100 miles on the car without the chip DOING anything, but it being in there

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was wrong my car shifts at 6100 with the chip, is there any way that you can make sure chip is working correctly??

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
And is there anyway to make it shift at 6800 or 6900rpm's??

With my head package the power band goes all the way to 7000rpm's

so when ever i'm gunning it, I have to manually shift it

·
Registered
123 Posts
Don't know too much about the superchip but my diablo definately changed the shift points on my ATX, especially downshifting, how hard it shifts. I don't think I would be getting much except a slightly better take off if it didn't affect the ATX.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts