Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what former Focus owners are driving today. I had a 2001 ZX3. Liked the car a lot, for its fun to drive feel. After lots of recalls and a few warranty fixes, it was quite reliable. A few things could be better. The Zetec was slow to rev and then revs would hang. The transmission was hard to shift on winter, mostly into first when rolling. I owned it for almost 14 years when lots of issues quickly added up that were not worth fixing due to the cost and vehicle age. Sadly due to the serious issues with the new powershift transmission (wanted an automatic after decades of manuals), I could not buy a Gen III Focus. I purchased a 2 year old Honda Fit and like it a lot (it is 10 now).

·
Registered
2007 Focus ST 2.5L Swap
16 Posts
I'm still rolling around in an '07 ST. I know that's not the point of the post and I've admittedly not owned it as long but after I sold my original ZX3 I really missed it. I've also got a real base F-150 work truck and an '05 Mazda 3 that's getting some spooly action shortly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I really like the idea of a full electric.My Focus only about 105,000 miles,so I will wait to buy an electric after there are a lot more models available and maybe prices come down,batteries get better,etc.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Had a minty 2014 SE manual sedan....it got totaled by a huge truck rear-ending me. Got a 2016 Jetta after that....got very sick following COVID and was out of work for awhile so sold that and got a 2010 Aveo MTX with 43k miles. Far from a Focus but it has a.....sweaty charm. And still only 54k miles. I work from home so don't drive much but I've been entertaining the idea of getting another mk1 Focus.

Reactions: BlueKoda

·
Registered
2007 Focus ST 2.5L Swap
16 Posts
Had a minty 2014 SE manual sedan....it got totaled by a huge truck rear-ending me. Got a 2016 Jetta after that....got very sick following COVID and was out of work for awhile so sold that and got a 2010 Aveo MTX with 43k miles. Far from a Focus but it has a.....sweaty charm. And still only 54k miles. I work from home so don't drive much but I've been entertaining the idea of getting another mk1 Focus.
Mk1's can be had for really cheap and the 08-11's are really nice as like an SES manual.

·
Registered
189 Posts
2012 GLI. VW ownership has been an experience, still have my my old focus, been sitting in need of motor for awhile now though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Bought an 03 SVT in 2013, tuned it up and rebuilt the suspension to stock and drove it for 3 years. What a blast.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Handed it off to my son and bought a 13 SE MT in 2016. Handed that one off to my other son in 2017.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Bought a 2015 Ti MT in 2017 and still drive it today.
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant

Don't put many miles on the 15 Ti due to working from home now. I won't be happy when the time comes that I can't get a fun to drive MT car.

The SVT is what hooked me on these cars.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My daily is still my 2004 ZX3 2.3.
Over 340,000 miles, never had so much as a valve adjustment, and still burns no oil between 10,000 mile changes.
I'm actually curious just how long this thing will last. LOL
I did change the intake due to rattling tumble flaps, and replaced the A/C compressor when it just flat wore out.
Replaced the shifter too when it was getting sloppy. Still on the original clutch.
Also had to change an ignition coil, but beyond that just normal maintenance.
Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself. o_O

·
I
13,777 Posts
My daily is still my 2004 ZX3 2.3.
Over 340,000 miles, never had so much as a valve adjustment, and still burns no oil between 10,000 mile changes.
I'm actually curious just how long this thing will last. LOL
I did change the intake due to rattling tumble flaps, and replaced the A/C compressor when it just flat wore out.
Replaced the shifter too when it was getting sloppy. Still on the original clutch.
Also had to change an ignition coil, but beyond that just normal maintenance.
Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself. o_O
Wow! That is really impressive, especially the original clutch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts