Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I had replaced the belt on my JRSC before I put the 2.6" pulley on so the number on the belt itself was still legible. I took it to Carquest (it was one of theirs) and asked for the next smaller belt. 1/2" smaller I think. That worked fine. If you can't see the numbers, take the belt off and find a auto parts store that can measure it then get one justa little bit shorter. Do you have the 2.6" pulley yet? I will have one for sale as soon as my 2.3" one arrives. Pm me if you need any help with installing the new pulley or advice on injectors, etc.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Please let us know what you think about the 2.6 pulley, also. I have the JR but have been putting it off because of lack of big numbers from the JRSC. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Dyno results from my JRSC w/2.6" pulley were 169whp/140tq and thats before I put the FC 4-2-1 header on, which made a big difference. I am hoping for 180/150 when I put the 2.3" pulley on and get my next dyno test. Cars runs great, smooth idle, and man does it scream when running through the gears!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Re: What belt size w/2.6 JRsc pullet? and where to

It's also worth noting that you can use the stock JRSC belt with a 2.6" pulley. It worked fine for me, only slipping slightly on startup. Neither the guys at the shop that did the install, nor Lidio, found any evidence of slipping while driving. The install shop recommended I continue to use the stock JR belt, and when it comes time to replace it, get a smaller size at that point. I now have 5.9" crank and 2.3" supercharger pulleys, and it looks like I'll go with a slightly smaller belt next time still.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts

Matt's right about the belt-I did replace my stock JR belt because it was glazed from my defective tensioner so I think I could have used it. I didn't want to have any chance of slippage which is why I went to the smaller belt. When I did put the slightly small belt on, it was real tight so it will probably be good when I go to the 2.3" pulley.
Matt, how is your car running in the hot weather?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts

Matt's right about the belt-I did replace my stock JR belt because it was glazed from my defective tensioner so I think I could have used it. I didn't want to have any chance of slippage which is why I went to the smaller belt. When I did put the slightly small belt on, it was real tight so it will probably be good when I go to the 2.3" pulley.
Matt, how is your car running in the hot weather?
It's running fine so far. I thought once when I was hammering it on the expressway and I was next to a wall that I might have heard detonation, but I haven't been able to reproduce it, even in hotter temperatures. Just to be safe, I'm using 94 octane gas until the weather cools down and I get my new radiator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts