Ford Focus Forum banner

What bolt on is next?

853 views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Dev 
#1 ·
ok here is what i have......
i have volant intake and thermal exhaust.
I'm about to order the fc throttle body and then the esslinger udp here in a couple of weeks....

Down the road, i'm gonna get a diablo chip, and then either the focussport race header/flexpipe or the focuscentral race header/flexpipe. Then some cam gears.

After all of those bolt ons, what's next for bolt on engine mods?

#4 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nicknaz:
save your money. go turbo<hr></blockquote>

Have to be careful with the auto trans. You pretty much have all the mods that you are gonna wanna do planned out. Not much more from there unless you look at a head package.

#5 ·
no force for me.... damn, that's all there is? next is like torque converter i guess, maybe one from level 10...

#6 ·
theres more out there, they just don't work as good on a auto, but if i was you go for it

[ 09-08-2002: Message edited by: donszx3 ]</p>

#7 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Disruptor617:
Down the road, i'm gonna get a diablo chip, and then either the focussport race header/flexpipe or the focuscentral race header/flexpipe. Then some cam gears.<hr></blockquote>

How about some cams?

#8 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Carizme:

How about some cams?
<hr></blockquote>

Covered in the head package..

[ 09-08-2002: Message edited by: zx3ford ]</p>

#9 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zx3ford:

Covered in the head package..

[ 09-08-2002: Message edited by: zx3ford ]
<hr></blockquote>

theres no mention of a headpackage..
what are you smoking...

#10 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:

theres no mention of a headpackage..
what are you smoking...
<hr></blockquote>

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zx3ford:

Have to be careful with the auto trans. You pretty much have all the mods that you are gonna wanna do planned out. Not much more from there unless you look at a head package.
<hr></blockquote>

Pay attention dumbass.

#11 ·

Pay attention dumbass.
<hr></blockquote>

whooops...

Actually my buddy that lives near me has a auto with a Gude Head Package and a few other bolt ons..and damn that thing flys!!!! his name on here is all2envyzx3

#12 ·
hey i know the autos can't take much but if you don't mind spending 1500 dollars every year on a new tranny then buy the head package it's worth it and if you want more put a hundred shot of nos on it !!j/k do what seems safe to you, ya know ! just play it safe man!!!!!

[ 09-08-2002: Message edited by: all2envyZx3 ]</p>

#14 ·
com on vince wake up. it must be the serious injurys you got form the big fire with your blowing up.
j/k

[ 09-08-2002: Message edited by: donszx3 ]</p>

#15 ·
Have to be careful with the auto trans. <hr></blockquote>

can it not handle 150whp? i think its better to do low pressure custom turbo rather than get all the bolt ons and a head package.. same power.. way more money than piping up a turbo

#17 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nicknaz:
[/qb]

can it not handle 150whp? i think its better to do low pressure custom turbo rather than get all the bolt ons and a head package.. same power.. way more money than piping up a turbo
<hr></blockquote>

There have been a few members here that are starting to have tranny problems. There was a great topic on the auto trans and the power that it can take about 3 months ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.