Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently... steal your exhaust!

We are still receiving exhaust systems here at the office for the FJ exhaust shoot-out.

When a system from Vibrant Performance didn't arrive we contacted Vibrant. Upon their call to UPS it seems the box arrived in our city... but was empty.

Looks like someone at UPS knew what it was and swiped it! So, be on the lookout for a focus-driving UPS employee rockin' a shiny new Vibrant exhaust.

The nice folks at Vibrant are going to ship us out a new one today.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Ahh UPS, I've had a love hate relationship with them for years. Back in the day when I had my Merkur I used them to ship me a Kevlar RS500 bumper. It was supposed to take 3 days to arrive. Somewhere over the Atlantic it disappeared. It was scanned as loaded on to the plane, but was never scanned as reaching Toronto. How do you misplace a 6ft tall box? They paid me the money and I got another sent over but it was still a pain. Funny thing is that I tracked it two months later and a new tracking scan had been added in Cyprus.

Vibrant not far away from me so I can shake down the driver if it happens again.

[ 05-02-2003, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Euro Ford Fan ]

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Originally posted by Egz:
Didn't you know the ZX3 and the UPS truck use the sme exhaust?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yeah i heard they share chassis and roll off the same assembly line too. i think i might do the UPS truck conversion.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Originally posted by sh0velman:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Egz:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yeah i heard they share chassis and roll off the same assembly line too. i think i might do the UPS truck conversion.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah, haven't you seen the new UPS NASCAR commercial with Dale Jarrett being told "We want to race the ZX3. People love the ZX3"

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
That is why I can't stand UPS. I had something that was delivered to me from FC via UPS and the idiot leaves the package on my front porch, no big deal, but damn it How DARE UPS leave my credit card slip still attached to the package for someone to steal. Good thing no one did steal this as I would have been HIGHLY Pissed off.

·
Registered
733 Posts
UPS is the Devil....

·
Registered
400 Posts
Originally posted by zetecinside:
That is why I can't stand UPS. I had something that was delivered to me from FC via UPS and the idiot leaves the package on my front porch, no big deal, but damn it How DARE UPS leave my credit card slip still attached to the package for someone to steal. Good thing no one did steal this as I would have been HIGHLY Pissed off.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Uhh -- How did UPS get your CC number in the first place? That's on FC. We don't ship credit card numbers in or on our packages. If your number was on the OUTSIDE of the box, someone's no doubt got it already. I'd at least check out the card's policy on stolen numbers.

UPS does a good job for us. It's annoying that you can't correct a doomed package until delivery has been attempted and that it takes 8 days to resolve a claim, but other than that, big
to UPS. They are relatively easy to work with and rent out thermal label printers for $2/week and free labels. Can't tell you how many impromptu t-shirts we'ver had around the office!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Problems with UPS... give "RockOrlando" a shout... he works iin the IT Dept here in Orlando... I believe anything you need looked up on their end... he can do for you!

[ 05-02-2003, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: BoBoZX5 ]

·
Registered
482 Posts
Originally posted by sh0velman:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Egz:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yeah i heard they share chassis and roll off the same assembly line too. i think i might do the UPS truck conversion.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey they are running Ford Power Strokes in some of the newer BBTs (big brown trucks), so it does have a bit of Blue Oval in them

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
You know what shocked me about UPS? I got ChrisF's TCE brake kit, and was going to ship it up to him. But UPS in Canada would not let me insure the package! They said that you can't insure a package unless you are a business, or the package is a gift. But if you are just sending something to a friend, tough luck, they want you to hand it over to them, and if they lose it? Ooops, oh well, sorry.

I couldn't believe it.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
It's happened twice now, where they've left my packages on the truck. We have regular deliveries every day out our office, 1pm on the button, every day.

I always track my packages. Twice now, it goes "Out for delivery" and they leave it on the truck when they drop off everythign else. You can watch it, still on the truck till late at night, then they take it off, and put it back on the next morning.

I also love it when they miss the delivery date, and still show the old ETA even though the date alrady passed....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts