Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up my s2 tomorrow and it has a 3 yr. 36k mile? warranty and it only has 11 now. What can and cant so I can keep that warranty in place? I really just want a full catback and a AEM CAI or something like that and maybe the 00 intake manifold not looking to hit over 130 so if you could help me out a little I would be awfully thankful

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just start off by getting yourself a nice intake (iceman, volant,AEM) and an exhaust (vibrabt, bosal, magnaflow,pacesetter,borla,...) and you should be good to go. These are nice easy parts to install and the most common to start out with. Go with one of these setups and you should be plenty happy.

There are many different exhauset, I just listed a few that came to mind

If you want, a underdrive pulley is a nice cheap addition, but your dealer may have a problem with having it on regarding your warranty.

Good luck and enjoy. BTW welcome to the jet

[ 02-23-2003, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: REDFLASH ]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome Red I have had a 13 y/o car for a while and it never had an existing warranty and I was always told intakes and exhausts can void your warranty? I really want the warranty in tact, but I crave speed. I suppose a chip is bad so looks like im stuck at 108...

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
if ur not goin 2 a track, y do u need 2 go 108, let alone more. ur 1st big ticket, or dare i even say it, ur 1st accident will change ur mind. go 2 a track and get ur fix there.

int/exh/udp/flex/chip and enjoy.

-Ult

[ 02-23-2003, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ultegra I know its unlawful and dangerous to go those speeds but with open roads here I'll teach myself or go to the track and back to the question wont I void my warranty with modifications? such as, Volant and SVT snork, Yodude exhaust, UDP's, and a chip???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts