Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my focus for almost a year now. I am debating modifying anything on the car because of warranty issues and the fact that a stock zetec is pretty weak as far as internals. I now bolt ons can make a slight improvement, but I don't want to get laughed at at the track. I was just wondering what the fastest 1/4 et seen from a focus with a zetec fwd. I just can't decide whether or not to put thousands of dollars into a car that can't get out of the 15 range. I need to do something. I'm a car nut and hate the fact that I am driving a near bone stock car, but at the same time would like to make an investment and not waste the little money that I have.

·
Registered
359 Posts
There are cars on here runnin' 13's. No car gets laughed at runnin' 13's unless their nitrous bottle is leaking.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
fastest zetec fwd is 8.9

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
In Daily driven foci and not pro draggers...There are cars in the 13's both with turbos and also NA. There are quite a few foci in the 14's both turbo and NA as well...I tell ya we NA tuners are creeping up on those FI fellas real quick....

If you do Intake,Cat Back exhaust,Race Header,Flex Pipe,Throttle Body,UDP, and some type of Cams and cam gears...you can easily see the 14's after tunning..and practicing driving..

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
second that 8.9! it's shaun carlson's meguier's
sponsered focus that did it!

But seriously what did you plan on when getting this car? you gotta choose first if you are going to even be satisfied when you modify it, cause if your gonna do like you are saying ,you will void your warrenty but make your car pretty fast in return. !
otherwise get another car!!!

john

·
Registered
138 Posts
i ran a 14.9 with stock internals and no chip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts