Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this vehicle on the highway driving home from work. Large full-bodied black car, with styling somewhat like a mercedes E-class or a rolls royce. It had one lone badge on the back, on the left side, said something like "Amiteo" or "Aminto" or something similar. Large square-hatched grill on the front. Dual headlights on each side. What did I see?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts

Kia Amanti

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW!!!! That was a KIA!!!! OMG!!!

It looked SO NICE!!! Yes that is definitely it. It did not have a Kia badge on it anywhere that I could see. I thought perhaps I was looking as some sort of imported Mercedes or Rolls I had never heard of. And it was BIG

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
My friends mom has a Sephia. That car rocks! All it needs is a turbo. It feels so nimble on the streets. I like it. And it fits me and my friend in there WITH room for two people to sit in the rear (which is a feat in itself since I alone am 250+ lbs and 6'0 ft.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Kia is co-owned by Ford.

I've never heard this before. Maybe it's just me.

-Tyler

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Kia is co-owned by Ford.

I've never heard this before. Maybe it's just me.

-Tyler
News to me too as I only know that Hyundai bought KIA.I know that GM bought Daewoo.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Kia is co-owned by Ford.
Incorrect. They have worked together in the past, such as the Aspire, but Kia is owned by Hyundai.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Kia is co-owned by Ford.
Incorrect. They have worked together in the past, such as the Aspire, but Kia is owned by Hyundai.
Ooops, my bad...
From Ford Media

FORD AUTOMOTIVE OPERATIONS - ASIA PACIFIC (SOUTH KOREA)

Ford Sales & Service Korea, a distribution subsidiary, is importing Ford cars, minivans and sport utility vehicles into South Korea. Among the products being sold in Korea are Ford Taurus, Explorer and Windstar and Lincoln Town Car & LS. Volvo and Jaguar, wholly owned by Ford Motor Company, also have a sales presence in Korea.

Ford acquired a 10 percent equity in Kia Motors Corporation in 1986 but sold its interest in 1998 when Kia was acquired by Hyundai. A Ford Motor Company team is studying the possibility of acquiring Daewoo.

In 1999, Ford Motor Company sold 288 units (Ford - 161, Volvo - 115, Jaguar - 12) in Korea, accounting for 12% of total import market share.
6/21/00

However Ford DOES build a Ka. Oh what a difference a silly little "i" makes!

Thanks for the correction!
regards,
Gerry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts