Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into this mod and was curious as to what you guys all thought about the different chips available for the Zetec.

All I know are the Superchip and the Diablosport...are there others? Which one is better and why? Any recommendations, suggestions, criticisms...bla bla bla...

any help at all would be appreciated...thanks guys.

-AM

·
Registered
662 Posts
What's your EEC code? There are some 2002 and 2003 models that both Diablosport and Superchips doesn't have downloads available for.

The new Diablosport Delta chip is a good deal, same in terms of peformance as the regular chip, but it also gives you the ability to turn the chip off, so on long trips you can use your regular 86/87 octane without having to take the chip out. There are 3 switch positions, pos. 0 = off, pos. 1 = standard performance tune, pos. 3 = a custom tune, nitrous or other race setup. Pos. 3 can be left "un-programmed" if not needed, and then programmed at a later date if/when you need it. That 3rd tune does cost extra, just like a "custom tune" on a regular chip.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
any sort of Frito Lay chips are usually good, stay away from mother goose and the store brands...

Unfortunately, i cannot reccomend ANY OTHER CHIPS....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Originally posted by myFordPerformance.com:
What's your EEC code? There are some 2002 and 2003 models that both Diablosport and Superchips doesn't have downloads available for.

The new Diablosport Delta chip is a good deal, same in terms of peformance as the regular chip, but it also gives you the ability to turn the chip off, so on long trips you can use your regular 86/87 octane without having to take the chip out. There are 3 switch positions, pos. 0 = off, pos. 1 = standard performance tune, pos. 3 = a custom tune, nitrous or other race setup. Pos. 3 can be left "un-programmed" if not needed, and then programmed at a later date if/when you need it. That 3rd tune does cost extra, just like a "custom tune" on a regular chip.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yea, what he said!

·
Registered
526 Posts
The new Diablosport Delta chip is a good deal, same in terms of peformance as the regular chip, but it also gives you the ability to turn the chip off, so on long trips you can use your regular 86/87 octane without having to take the chip out. There are 3 switch positions, pos. 0 = off, pos. 1 = standard performance tune, pos. 3 = a custom tune, nitrous or other race setup. Pos. 3 can be left "un-programmed" if not needed, and then programmed at a later date if/when you need it. That 3rd tune does cost extra, just like a "custom tune" on a regular chip.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ray, I just sent you an Email on that chip.

·
Registered
333 Posts
the performance between the chips is very close. i have a diablo & i'm happy with it. i'm sure superchip would've been fine too but diablo is what Danny (Cajun) recommended for my car.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
what is an AUTOLOGIC chip?

Jon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts