Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing up my trany this summer torson T2,Fidanza Fly,4.06's and a clutch. I wanted to do this clutch thing right so I narrowed it down to a Clutch Masters 4 or a 3. IM planning on doing some head work with cams and nitrous. this is a dayly driver for city use and ocasional highway. I like to take my fun to the twistys but also push her hard in a straigh line. which best suits my needs?

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
neither... it uses the OEM preasure plate. Look into the clutchnet setups. They are the only company that adds an extra spring into the preasure plate.

We have tried the act, spec stg 2, stg 5, Clutch master 3, cm 4, centerforce, and the clutch net 6puck setup.

The clutch net has been the only on thus far to hold the 350-400whp daily. It has an OEm pedal feel, and the engagement is not harsh.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the CLutch Masters uses a OEM pressure plate, wow I wasnt expecting that.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
they all do but clutchnet. The companys gain clamping force with heat treatment, and use of the different friction materials on the clutch disc.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Haven't tried a dual-disc setup yet have you? Looking at the APRacing or the Sach's setup.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much does the clutch net set up run, I would need a clutch,pressure plate,were would I get a throw out bearing? any thing else

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
the clutch net setups are in the 300 range, through out bearing is 50 bucs at your local ford parts counter. and have your flywheel surfaced will caost about 50 bucs at any local machine shop. you'll also need new flywheel bolts since they are trq. yeild.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have to remember to get new bolts but like I said up top I'm getting a light wieght fly, probab;y a fidanza, any thanks for all the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts