Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my wife's ford focus its a 2000 zx3 five speed and when she is driving it down the road at around 30-40 mph it seems like there is something holding the car back. almost like a brake is sticking but that can't be the problem because it does not smell. It seems like it usually happens at lower speeds or it is not noticeable at higher speeds. Like every time the wheel goes around it seems like it wants to grip and hold the car back. I'm clueless on what the problem could be???????

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So this might be related to why the car smells like it has no cat smells like rotten eggs.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also the cel is not on

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
also the cel is not on
The CEL doesn't have to be on for the DPFE sensor to be faulty. The CEL only comes on after the DPFE sensor is completely toast and the EGR system can't supply any more flow. At this point, half the air being brought into your engine is probably old, hot exhaust gas.

The cat may be clogged, but my 2000 ZX3 also smells like that once in a while, especially when I've been driving it hard, and my cat is still fine.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
....do you feel any 'kickback' thru the steering wheel?
No I do not notice anything when I am driving it

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This would have nothing to do with the warrenty if you have a cat-back exhaust it would not void it would it..

·
Registered
837 Posts
You may be still in luck. I believe if im not wrong there is extended warranty on the DPFE. If you have a cat-back this shouldnt be a proble, for it is not directly causing your faulty DPFE. The DPFE seems to just go bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts