Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i were to go to a local exaust shop and have them make me a cat back setup that was slightly larger than stock?
If so what kind of muffler would I want?
I cant afford a whole lot so what would a couple hundred do I know of some places around here that do awesome work for less than 150$ Could I get a good high flow muffler for around 50 bucks?

KNOWLEDGE
HEY you got it, NOW be nice and share it

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey might sound stupid but if you wanna be cheap about it use e-bay for a muffler.But if you go cheap that is what you are going to get.As far as a difference if you go flex pipe back run it with no resanators you should see a difference i run a custom exhust and i get supplys at cost so i invested like $235 and i ran 2.50 diamiter piping and a thermal muffler i love it . Like i was saying you will notice a difference.Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thermal muffler? I am more interested in getting a high flow muffler mounted like the stock one and then a tip
I dont like the whole 5 inch big huge round chrome thing hanging out the ass of my car

I like about a 3 1/2 to 4" chrome tip but no bigger than 4 I dunno but I know my freind got his F150 split to duals cat back and had 2 generic knockoffs of flowmaster on and it only cost him like 175

Would it be better to get the $300 set I see on ebay everyonce and a while I cant remember the brand but it was nice looking
of course that dont say [censored] about quality

·
Registered
299 Posts
well you could get magnaflow catback 2 1/4 piping stainless steel from 21st Century Exhaust in Flordia for 235.
you can reach them at 1-800-276-6399
I just got mine in the mail and looks good so far!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts