Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the front conversion on my sedan, but later down the road I want something a lil better, I was j/w if the Brembo drilled replacements from Focussport were nice? any opinions?

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
For what purpose?? Will they look good? Yes

Will they out perform? No

·
Registered
291 Posts
Re: what do the svt guys think of the brembo drilled replacement

way too expensive........not worth it unless your car is strictly a track car and even then I dunno........

·
Registered
2,247 Posts

There is ZERO reason to have crossdrilled rotors. Quoting myself cause I'm lazy:

Stay away from the bling bling swiss cheesed rotors for the street or track. If your car is a carpet queen then do what ever you want.

Follow the links below:

here's the thread: http://corner-carvers.com/altimathread.php.html an excellent read, I'll probably read the whole damned thing...again

Oh and *cough*warped rotors are figments of your imagination*cough*
The thread the above quote comes from:
Link

·
Registered
12,749 Posts

way too expensive........not worth it unless your car is strictly a track car and even then I dunno........
actually they are a no-no for track use. they are fine for street use and car shows.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts

I can't help but think they are just as bad for the street. While the rotor won't get as hot as it does on track it will see many more heat cycles. The more the rotor changes temp the more likely a crack will form. Not to mention most drivers don't inspect their rotors for cracks.

·
Registered
423 Posts

Street use- OK. Driving on the street doesn't get the disks red hot. That's where the cycling kills the disks.

My wife's car (C230) has drilled rotors. I can't see them being cast in and drilled.

·
Registered
475 Posts

The problem with heat cycling on a drilled rotor (even on the street) is the rate of cooling. Yes the holes make the rotor cool quicker, but more unevenly...since the material around the hole will cool faster. And that's what causes the cracks, the uneven heat cycling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts