Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do yall think about putting performance parts in a sedan? Me personally i do it because people think a sedan cant go fast with performance parts, i wanna do it to prove people wrong.

[ 11-17-2002, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: the_enemy_within ]

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
my old mustang sedan was fast, i know theres fast sedans out there, theres gotta be.....
i mean, if they can make a honda fast, u sedans have nothing to worry about

·
Registered
799 Posts
why not dude? give it a try and prove it that your sedan can go fast. as for me, nah, no need to go fast, why? im not that motivated and second, i want a turbo kit, but it's out my league now
but if i were u go 4 it

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know about the weight of a zx3 but i have a zetec engine just like the zx3, also my car may be a little more aerodynamic and its more people friendly when i wann go clubbing. easier for women to get into

·
Registered
799 Posts
Originally posted by the_enemy_within:
i dont know about the weight of a zx3 but i have a zetec engine just like the zx3, also my car may be a little more aerodynamic and its more people friendly when i wann go clubbing. easier for women to get into
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">oh indeed it is!!

and yeah there's one sedan here i think, with an f-max kit...

[ 11-17-2002, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: chris_k ]

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Originally posted by the_enemy_within:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't see any reason not to mod a sedan. For the record though, the ZX5 has the same rear doors and rear seats. I personally would still buy the sedan if I needed the 4 doors. I like the look of the sedan with 4 doors better than the hatchback with 4 doors. That's just my opinion. I still like the ZX5, just not as much as the sedan!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a ZTS sedan that I am just finishing. I
kept the outside as stock as possible for a sleeper look (except for the exhaust cut out which
had to be widened). The transmission was bullet-
proofed by Level10, JRSC w/ 2.6" pulley, 42lb inj,
70mm MAF, Steeda fuel rail, Magnacore wires, 65mm
FC tb, yada,yada,yada....Nader at FC has been a HUGE help - he reccomended all the right stuff
including the Eibach pro-system plus suspension
kit (if you read this Nader, WOW - I went around a 270 degree off ramp at 65 mph no problem). Call
him or Email me if you need some experienced advice about avoiding some pitfalls & headaches.
Until I have Tom & Mike chip this car, a Diablo chip keeps it from blowing up. On the stock 195's
I ran a 16 flat but had no traction at all out of the hole. New rubber next week will help that.
I expect this car to run high 14's AT LEAST when it's done & I am considering a 50 shot. That should help the JRSC stay cool if I use a wet kit
injected into the TB. Keep in mind that 1/4 ET's
don't mean everything, I love ripping down the AC
expressway at ludicrous speeds. A sedan can really catch a lot of sports cars by surprise, but
don't expect it to run within a second of a 2 dr
5 speed ZX3. Weight & ATX are serious handicaps
with our cars but it will have better handling due
to the longer wheelbase.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Um...all foci have the same wheelbase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts