Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a new console because the old on is for one not as sporty looking and the armrest isn't there anymore and on top of that it doesn't look as good......what in ya'lls opinions is the better looking one?

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
i second that, will be mine once the green starts flowing again

-chris

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
I'd go with a RS console. Or if you have to, and have the connections, a Euro will always be cool since only about 00.0001% of all Americans has one in there Focus.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Euro Console

It's stated in the auction to post to UK only, but i've had lots of success of emailing the buyer and ask if he would post to the US. Just include all the information to speed up the process.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Don't buy from him. I waited 2 weeks and no Console. He then tells me that the $55 I payed for shipping was not enough after we aggreed apon it. After 2 weeks he said shipping was $120. Your better off not buying from someone who is gonna give you the run around.

ebay nightmare.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Since the NA console only bolts to the floor it may work in a RHD car. However, the Euro console also attaches to the dash and is therefore RHD/LHD specific.

Check the link below for a picture. The console on the left is the one from my LHD Focus. The one on the Right is from the ebay add and is for a RHD car.

If you look closely where the console meets the dash you can see a prominent bias towards the Right (on my LHD) and a bias towards the Left (for RHD) on the ebay one.

Consider yourself lucky that didn't ship..

[img=http://img12.imagevenue.com/loc208/th_41f_Console.jpg]

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I had the European console in my '00 ZX3. Looks great, but the forward cup holders are essentially useless. They hold a regular can of Coke. If I remember correctly, the plastic bottles of coke/water would not fit b/c they would not clear the dash.

The other issue is installation. You'll have to grind of the 2 or 3 studs that hold the US console at the rear. Either that or you can drill holes in the bottom of the Euro console to match the US studs, but you will have an issue getting the rubber coin/cup holder to fit flush over the studs. No big deal, but just be aware there is a bit of work to do to get it in the US Focus.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I'm one of the 00.0001%.
I did the gind and then used some heavy duty velcro to attach the back. I like the looks. Definatly a nice piece if you can get one cheap. The front holers are...worthless, except for soda cans, or a small/medium coffee. The only thing i dont care for is that it sticks out a little far on the passenger side. I am going to try to fix that.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmmm, the more I find out about the euro console the more i'm wondering if I want to get it......svt console sounds more and more tempting........anybody else have these fitment problems?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Other than the fact that you will have to remove/modify the rear attachment point studs, it's fairly straight forward.

The way that it connects at the dash improves the whole look of the interior, imo.

The drink holders are definitely smaller, however they are not "useless" as some others have stated. Most medium sized drinks and Starbucks type cups fit fine.

Here are a few more pics..

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I shouldnt say useless cupholders...they work fine.

I just got bored and modified mine a bit. I mentioned how it sticks out an inch or so too far on the passenger side (lowest corner toward the front of the car). Well I was able to attach a zip-tie (cable-tie) mount to the back. I cable tied that to a metal mount, and tightened the cable. It pulled the lower corner in and makes it conform to the shifter mound much better. Its a small non-necessary mod, but fitment looks much better i think.
Home depot has the zip tie mounts. Prep the surface with a degreaser, sand lightly, and degrease again. Attach the mount. And use a cable tie. Simple!
PM me if you need some pics, I will be grabbing a camera tomorrow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts