Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
It is really quirky, but the quirk/practicality factor is pretty good.

Overall it is growing on me. The 5 door/hatch configuration is a sure winner, and like the Focus it probably will outhandle big sedans yet still be able to hold lots of good stuff.

...and I never thought I'd say it, but it needs bigger wheels with a better offset.

[ 04-04-2003, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

·
Registered
171 Posts
No thanks on the Xb. Just can't make myself like it.

Xa I could see myself in...at least from what I know thus far. Seems like it has some good stereo options as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We had both here recently, obviously (by the story). The xb is shocking looking at first, but kinda grows on you. The interior, save the center gauges, is pretty normal. It had an intake and strut bar - interesting for a press car. The xa was an automatic, and was loaded with interior lighting accessories. The xb is roomy enough, but the xa is a little narrow. It felt just as roomy as the ZX3, but with a small trunk. Parked next to the mini it was easy to see how similar the rears are - with the scion being taller of course (the xa). The xa lighting: the radio changes display colors, of course (automatically if you like), but this car also had multi-color cupholder lights, as well as under-dash red neon. Along with the standard glowing cubby compartment under the radio, the interior was very disco, but did not feel ghetto.
They are very nice cars - loads of features, pretty upscale feel. Standard abs, all power access, nice seats, etc. No options, save the side airbags on the xa, cd changer, and dealer add-ons. Very solid feel - doesn't seem "budget" at all.
The stereo was really good for a factory system. REALLY good.
All that for 12500 and 13700. Amazing value indeed.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think the xA looks okay. The supposed Saturn-like dealer setup is a very good thing, IMO, especially for first time buyers. The problem I see left for the xA is the same as the Echo - the torsion beam rear. If it wasn't for that, they would have good (xA) or excellent (Echo) potential as unassuming performance cars.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ha ha ha ha....I could not imagine making 60 monthly payments on that car! They also are coming out with a "Honey I shrunk the Astro van" looking model too.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Personally I perfer the look of the xA over the xB.Looks like Toyota is playing it safe by only offering the car in Cali before moving eastward.I guess only time will tell.

[ 04-04-2003, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Virtual_Insanity ]

·
Registered
481 Posts
It reminds me totally of..."honey, I shrunk the Matrix/Vibe"
Not a bad looking car. I like that rear sloping roof line on the hatch.
The other thing looks like..."honey I shrunk that Honda Element thing or whatever it is called"
Cheers.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
It seems very narrow from that angle.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I really like the Xa.

Like the Mini It is a high quality small car. the car doesn't feel cheap or flimsy. The materials are excellent.
I am very impressed with scion Xa.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts