Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with our first kid due in a few weeks I think it's time to sell my hatch and get a more family friendly vehicle. Prices seem pretty sporadic and I'm just wondering what you guys think a good price is. KBB claims $2500 and NADA claims $4800. 2006 SE, SAP, 122K miles, mods are listed in my signature. I'm thinking of listing it around $5K. I know mods don't usually help with resale, but I can always take the header off and reinstall the stock mani-cat, remove the sub and amp and return it to stock, and can take the tune off as well. I could then sell those parts separately to make up a smaller sale price. I love my car and it's sad to sell her, but it is not a child friendly car. The 2 doors make it hard to get the car seat in and out of and the exhaust will make the baby go deaf in about 10 minutes. So do you guys know what the cars are actually selling for?

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Well I always tip too high and pay too much for things, so I get it wrong when it comes to estimating prices. I do know you need to soul search and decide for certain it needs to go. If you really need to sell, it needs to be a price that will attract folks and not scare them off. Give it some careful thought.

I know I absolutely refuse to gut a car I personalized for a great many years and at great cost to satisfy some tire kickers. Mine go as is and if they don't want to pay the value of a car that has been made better, go look elsewhere as this is just not the one.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, I hate selling vehicles I've put my heart and literal blood, sweat, and tears into. Sometimes it's a necessary evil to do. She's been a GREAT car and has never let me down and I've taken my fair share of road trips in the old girl.

I am not going to be in a HUGE hurry to sell, but I'm about to expand my family and they will ALWAYS come first. I'm pretty sure it'll sell pretty fast as it's a nice, low priced, car that has a unique style that will appeal to a wide variety of buyers. I think $5K is a good price for what it is and what I see similar, non SAP, Foci's listed for.

I am hoping to get into a Fusion Sport, or if I REALLY wanna spend some money an SHO, so I am going to "upgrade" in a way. It'll be a new car to start the modding all over again with.

·
Registered
52 Posts
For pricing, a lot depends on where you live. In my area, you'd have a hard time getting more than $3000 for it. However, you can always lower your price later so starting "high" and around the price other Foci are selling in your area is probably the best way to go.

To get the most bang for your buck, though, remove as many aftermarket parts as you can and sell them separately. Rarely do they help the sale price and sometimes even turn people away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts