Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get a 1gal fuel cell just for toulene. Have a sensor mounted in the tank to detect fluid level. Connect the tank output to an electronic valve.

A) If fluid level is above 1/4 or 1/8th tank, open the valve and mix a certian preset level into the output flow of the stock tank, and raise the electronic boost controller to a higher setting.

B) If its low level have it lower the boost controller, and control close the valve.

Automated of course.

Feedback?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think it would be a better idea to have a complete separate fuel system with secondary fuel injectors. If the engine management was speed density then it could change the ratio of toluene/petrol as the boost increased.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
I think it's a good idea, but hard to put into practice. It's a good theory, but a bit complicated.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it would be a better idea to have a complete separate fuel system with secondary fuel injectors. If the engine management was speed density then it could change the ratio of toluene/petrol as the boost increased.

I believe this would be a PITA to implement
. Unless u went standalone.

Actually I could just make a gauge up front for the 1gal fuel cell, and then manually control the boost settings and toulene valve.

·
Registered
135 Posts
How about one of the many simple and inexpensive "water" or "alcohol" injection kits on the market. Supercharged and turbo mustangs have been using them for years. These kits allow for a very aggressive tune and at least on 5.0s, increases of 40-50 HP is not uncommon.I have seen decent kits for $200-$300. And homemade kits for like a 3rd of that.
Neil

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
How about one of the many simple and inexpensive "water" or "alcohol" injection kits on the market. Supercharged and turbo mustangs have been using them for years. These kits allow for a very aggressive tune and at least on 5.0s, increases of 40-50 HP is not uncommon.I have seen decent kits for $200-$300. And homemade kits for like a 3rd of that.
Neil
Ok, now theres an idea. Use the water or alcohol kit to inject the Toulene!

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That will just make it rich. You gotta mix it with the fuel in the tank to get the desired results.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Correct. The point of water/alcohol injection is not to inject octane into the system, but to sharply cool the existing intake charge so you can tune the car more aggresively. Forced injection tuners know that timing and tuning is where the real power lies.
Neil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts