Discussion Starter #1
Topic says it all!

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Bosal
Borla
FocusSport

I believe those are the only 3 - But I may be forgetting 1 or 2 - If anyone knows of any more - Post em up!

drew
fok

·
Registered
714 Posts
FOCUS PERFORMANCE has the J B A. 2 1/4 inch mandrel bent stainless steel tubing with a highly polished tip, for $350.
MBRP also has one for the wagon!

·
Registered
714 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by orndog:
Doesn't Magnaflow do an exhaust?<hr></blockquote>
If thy do, I missed it on their web page.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Guess I will now try and see if any of FJ's sponsors carry these exhaust systems.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hay Hi-Risk I don't know how far you plan on building your car, but you may want to try having your 1st Exhaust resonator removed. It is a good and cheap mod, keeps $$ on your pockets for other go fast goodies!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is the difference between a sedan and a wagon as far as exhaust goes?

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by orndog:
Out of curiosity, what is the difference between a sedan and a wagon as far as exhaust goes?<hr></blockquote>

The Wagon Needs a Longer Exhaust because of it's Increased Body Length

drew
fok

[ 09-02-2002: Message edited by: focusownerskid ]</p>

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zetecwagon:
Hay Hi-Risk I don't know how far you plan on building your car, but you may want to try having your 1st Exhaust resonator removed. It is a good and cheap mod, keeps $$ on your pockets for other go fast goodies!
<hr></blockquote>

No no no!! Please spend the cash on a good exhaust system. If it's power you are going for spend the cash. It it's just sound then I can see your point.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by focusownerskid:

The Wagon Needs a Longer Exhaust because of it's Increased Body Length

drew
fok

<hr></blockquote>

So basically any of them could with just an extension of the tail pipe?

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Bill,

Ya basically - But who wants to chop up a brand new exhaust?

- Drew

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by focusownerskid:
Bill,

Ya basically - But who wants to chop up a brand new exhaust?

- Drew
<hr></blockquote>

I would! Then you could call it "custom."

·
Registered
714 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zx3ford:

No no no!! Please spend the cash on a good exhaust system. If it's power you are going for spend the cash. It it's just sound then I can see your point.
<hr></blockquote>
Before having this mod I could not spin the wheels from a dead stop, yes I have an auto. After doing this I could spin them, not 100' or anything, but a little is more than I could do before!
If you notice my signature you will see that I have only spent around $250 on mods, but the difference in driving the car is big for the money spent. I'm not trying to make a race car out of my wagon, just trying to make it more fun to drive.

[ 09-02-2002: Message edited by: zetecwagon ]</p>

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
all the exhaust systems for the focus are the same right up until the last piece. the final piece that runs from the rear suspension back is different given the length of the car. so basically anything can be made to fit. hell, UltegraSTI custom fit a wagon exhaust to his ZX3 with a little cutting and welding. of course if you can go with one that's already good to go like the FS, Bosal, Borla, MBRP, or the such.

Nate

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually guys, I'm looking for a friend of mine who has a wagon.

I've got a ZX3 and it already has some mods on it...yet it's still slow!

My friend (who has no online access btw) wants to start modding his wagon, because he wants more power out of that thing...that's all.

*btw, the wagon is an auto.

As for length of exhaust system, from what I've been told, the ZX3 exhaust system is different from the wagon ones.

It is said that the sedan exhaust systems and wagon exhaust systems are the same. Is that true? Can someone confirm this?

[ 09-02-2002: Message edited by: Hi-Risk ]</p>

·
Registered
43 Posts
go to a shop and get a custom system put on. It is cheaper and less hassle. I have a magnaflow muffler with 2.5 inch pipe. It is real sedate yet tough sounding.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i bought the ceramic coated exaust from focus sport for my wagon and am realy happy with the sound and incressed profomance it wasm like 300 dollars,but it comes with a 3 year warrenty

1 - 19 of 19 Posts