Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received GM invitation for 24-hour test drive. Hmm, I can't decide what I should test drive. The only exception is Saab and Hummer which is OK since I test drove both before.

So, what do you guys think ? Cadillac CTS ? or Pontiac Aztec for the heck of it ?

=dRe=

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
do you have to get an invitation to do this? what are the rules, is there a mileage limit, etc? cuz i wanna flog the crap out of a Caddy for a day ha ha

[ 05-11-2003, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Jared ]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know how they may think I can afford another car and they are wrong

May be you can check their website ? The limit is 100 miles, it's barely enough to go back and forth to San Francisco on the weekend

=dRe=

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a good idea. A Vette...hmm...but most likely they won't give it to me though...I just don't have the upper class look for that car. May be with some BS I can get the caddy...but vette is a little hard. But, I may try

=dRe=

·
Registered
86 Posts
yeah, there is a commercial on the TV about it.

NO HUMMER ?? that sucks.

[ 05-11-2003, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: Chris MC ]

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
you can do Hummer. they list the H2 on the website.

i am gonna attempt this this week, my choices are between an H2, a Saab convertible, and an Escalade EXT. assuming that they are available at the dealers, and assuming they are stupid enough to give me one for 24 hours lol

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
SUBJECT TO CREDIT APPROVAL.

If you don't have stellar credit... then don't even bother.

And for an H2 or a Vette... your credit report better indicate a nice high income!

Sorry.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oopps...Thanks for the catch-info, Todd. I think worst come to worst I'll do the aztec haha...as long as it's not Cavalier, I always get Cavalier as a rental

=dRe=

·
Registered
943 Posts
I knew there had to be a credit catch. It just makes good sense. They're not going to give you a car for the night if you can't buy it in the first place. And it's not that novel of an idea anyway. At the dodge dealer I worked at, we always let customers take a car overnight.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yah My Dad works at Capitol Caddy in Lansing, MI and I was going to be the first to get the H2 for 24 hours. Then the Credit Approval stuff came out! Makes sure that 18 Bling Bling wannabe doesn't come off the street and take an escalade for a night just cause. Hey if you really want one you'll drop your credit app!

·
Registered
51 Posts
They're a little late... if I was still in High School... I'd be up there applying for credit to get a CLEAN NEW SWEET ride to take my date to prom in!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
The invitation I got in the mail had all of the eligible vehicles listed on it. Unfortunately, the Corvette was not on the list.

·
Registered
795 Posts
^^^ Too bad. I would TOTALLY be rollin' a Z06 outta dat beaaaach.

I'm sure they would have a 30-mile tire smoke limit though

·
Registered
482 Posts
Perhaps the new 04 Grand Prix? Sounds like they did well with that car and you shouldn't have to have a stellar credit report to qualify

Either that or a top of the line Vibe?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts