Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
aka nitetimebolher
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my eibach ground control coiovers and I want to update my shocks/struts. What's a good combination with these ground controls? I know everyone would prolly say koni, but the best price is around 550!!!

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I say koni.... I personally have seen the koni strut/shock in person and it has far greater quality than what I expected.

I have soft-rated springs when compared to g/c coils... and kyb agx shocks/struts match the rating of the spring quite well.

I've seen pictures of Gaz shocks/struts (the ones that come with the coilover kit) and they seem to be along the same level of damping as konis... at least I would imagine.

both gaz and koni have a piston-rod that's super beefy. like 60% greater than the size of stock dampers..

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I have Koni's w/ Ground Controls, and they are awesome! I hit and went over a curb w/ my wheels turned sideways @ 30mph and it bent my tie rod and control arm so bad that my wheel smashed into the fender..... And the shock was UNTOUCHED!
Camber on the left and right side are still the same!

Best shocks ever!

·
aka nitetimebolher
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it true that if there's any defect or if it wears out, you can ship it back and they'll give you a new one?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
within reason of course... If you've taken it to the track, that voids the warranty. I don't know how they can tell, but they can. (i think)

But yea, any manufactured defects, they have some sort of lifetime policy.

·
Registered
233 Posts
keep the receipt and they will normally send you a new one after you send them the old one. I have had konis on one car or another with great results since 1964.I have never heard of them not honoring the warranty.Always a first time of course.

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
AGX work with em?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts