Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what head(who I should get it from) and cams I should get? This is a daily driver. Here's all my mods

FC race header and 2.25 flex pipe
fc 65 mm tb
aem cold air intake
ford racing plug wires
steeda high flow fuel rail
fc cam gears
3 piece pulley kit

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Well personally I would only go with a FocusSport cylinder head, with their cams. That way you know it's done right, and you know the gains you'll get will be the gains they say you will get.

The focusCentral head might be fine, but there is that huge question mark around customer service.

Not to mention, FocusSport has nice incentives for buying their cylinder head.
http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2&Number=685359&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=21&fpart=1

Lastly, I can attest that I'm sick and tired of being passed in my SVT by the likes of ZXMurph and AirforceFocus with their FocusSport cylinder heads. These guys are just stinkin fast

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Gude !
There head pkg. is only 1600$

As far as reliability I have over 35,000 miles on mine with no problems....so don't go starting the gude this, gude that...that is real old guys

john-

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
yeah i feel you on that man it wouldn't be gude

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ford racin head. Bigger valves then stock and do your own cams etc etc....

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well personally I would only go with a FocusSport cylinder head, with their cams. That way you know it's done right, and you know the gains you'll get will be the gains they say you will get.

The focusCentral head might be fine, but there is that huge question mark around customer service.

Not to mention, FocusSport has nice incentives for buying their cylinder head.
http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2&Number=685359&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=21&fpart=1

Lastly, I can attest that I'm sick and tired of being passed in my SVT by the likes of ZXMurph and AirforceFocus with their FocusSport cylinder heads. These guys are just stinkin fast
What he said. I've had to do so much extra work to get my FC head running right. I still haven't and I plan on taking my car up to Focus Sport to see if they can work some magic on it. I've seen Airforce's car up close and was very impressed by how it ran. FS knows what they are doing and do it right the first time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll get the FS head. Maybe then I'll be fast.

·
King of the Fairies
4,883 Posts
id say as well go with a FocusSport Head!!!!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
awful pricey though...unless you were gettin a bunch of stuff on the incentive list (now 20% off i think). i think for the money, esslinger and ford racing make great heads (6-800 bux versus 1500ish, plus you keep your stocker (if you need to go back)). these 2 heads get the same treatments (fresh head (FR) or hot tanked (Ess)...full inspection, new valvetrain guts, flow tested, chambers measured etc). no discredit to FS, not at all, but their head, like FC, is just a lil on the steep side considerin that other heads nearly half the price are making the same amount of power or more.

-Ult

·
Registered
430 Posts
I want to get the FR head. Best bang for the buck I think.

·
Registered
365 Posts
While on the subject.....does anyone have an extra head since they did their swap? I really need one.

Ryan

·
Registered
314 Posts
Actually yeah, I have one available. Bunch of other crap to. PM me or email me.

Kev

1 - 12 of 12 Posts