Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currentlu looking into buying a intake for my zx3, i just wanted to know what you FOCUS driver out there have and weather there any good or not.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I had the iceman w/ duct
but switched to the AEM CAI

but save yourself some cash and get the one on ebay for 60 bucks (Bomz). Same as the AEM except for few fitment issues I ran into helping installing 2 of them...

Ollie

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've got the AEM short intake, and it has worked really well. Nice boost in power and sounds cool. Though now I'm thinking about moving up to the Focus Central CAI. It matches up with their hood scoop and I like the idea of pulling strait outside air. It all just depends of how much $$ you want to spend. www.myfordfocus.com has a great list of what's available.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have the ICEMAN. I like it because it's CARB approved, looks stock and sounds nice.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
FocusSport Cool-Flo is great for just a quick and easy gain. The rain that flooded the streets of LA yesterday was a good reminder why I don't get a full bore AEM CAI.... cuz I would have been screwed in some of the puddles I had to go through.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Me too on the Iceman; in black it looks stock--I have had three techs look under my hood and not one of them noticed--and one of those guys even owns a ZX3. The Iceman has good response and it sounds throaty w/o being obnoxious.

The Iceman is based on the design of the stock airbox, which is shared with the SVT--good for 170HP+. All they did was to refine the engineering that Ford already had--which is why the Iceman also has a Ford Racing part number and is CARB approved. Its a nice part for $200

[ 02-13-2003, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Auto-X-ZTS ]

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a AEM cai. I love it, provides plenty of grunt and power. It comes with all of the parts needed. It does cost a little more but aem is a proven part. But there are cheaper parts out there.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Volant!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think I'm the only guy here who has the KKM (Kurtz Kustom Motors) Short Ram intake. It has a good sized bore and good quality material and no fitment problems. I like it. I've made other "ghetto" mods to channel cool air to the intake. About $150 shipped. www.kustomz.com

·
Registered
314 Posts
Volant... cause there is nothing like setting off car alarms with your intake.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have had the KKM shorty, stock w/Cone filter, stock with K&N dropin, the AEM CAI which i use as a shorty in winter. AEM in the CAI mode feels strongest,

AEM CAI in shorty mode with homemade heat shield:

KKM with heatwrap:

AEM CAI in longtube mode:

Shiny stuff on the bottom is a splash shield:

If you don't plan to get a larger MAFS or go FI i would get the AEM longtube, and if it rains where you are at with a saw, 3" rubber boot and 2 hoseclamps you will have a shorty to use when it's wet.

Milan

·
LET'S GO RIDE BIKES
2,760 Posts
Originally posted by jRock:
bombz cold air on ebay...cheap $$ and works great!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I second that! I find it hard to believe that the $300 AEM produces more power. Although you do get that cool sticker on it

·
Registered
636 Posts
had OBX worked and looked great, but i wanted a color tubing and got the blue AEM intake for mad cheap and went with it. plus i always wanted to try an AEM. i love it.
thats the AEM i have now

thats OBX i use to have

john

1 - 20 of 25 Posts