Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is involved with ST170\'s?

So I discovered what ST170's actually are last night and I fell in love with them. (especially considering the price is only about 300 beans).

But I don't want to get them without knowing whats involved with installing them? I have just a stock 2003 ZX3 right now and I really wanna put these in. What kind of wiring modification is needed and will they even fit with my bumper?

How hard/long is the process?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Re: What is involved with ST170\'s?

those headlights are pretty easy to install. Just remove your stock ones, install the st170's they bolt right in using factory bolt locations, Now, the only part where you have to do actual work, is to make the harness. It's easy, you just need to buy a few plugs and connectors from the ford dealership as well as the volkswagen dealership, build the harness, and voila, your done. If you are scared abot the harness part, just contact some jetters on here, they can assist you with it, or may even make you a harness.

·
Registered
365 Posts

Do these headlights come with the bulbs or do they have to be bought seperate,and if so how much are the bulbs?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Will the "2002 Headlight Install Kit" that is sold on Indy's site work with the ST170's? And what kinds of bulbs will I need with these?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Re: What is ifvolved vith ST160\'s?

Ox yeah..!I was also told that Batinc seles them `nd I think they(include the bulbs and hprness kqt for arout the!same prhce as Indy sellc them without..!Not to mention you wouldn't havt to deal with internatinnal shiqping which burned me on0my first set of ST170s.! just av FYI..

·
Registered
943 Posts

Here is everything you need to install them including all the parts needed.

Installing Mach Audio HID Lights

Yes that is for installing Mach Audio hedalights, but the wiring is the same with the exception of steps 5 and 8 in "Wiring up the adapters.

Also there are a couple of options for your turn signals. You can lenghten your current signal wires and rig the sockets to fit into the headlights. This allows you to use them as driving lights and turn signals. Or you can wire them thru the harness like the instructions but they will only work as signals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts