Discussion Starter #1
what is it?
what is it done/
etc............ etc...............
thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
a program is loaded onto a computer chip....that is all, like loading a file to a floppy, or burning a cd....

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
you can get standard performance chips from places like Superchip and Diablo, you can also get them to do custom burns-change things like rev limiter, cooling fan temps, etc. You can also get a chip reburned or modified based on tuning needs. If you have an unmodified car, a chip will really make a difference for you.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, ok, i thought that you could just start with a blank chip and add and subtract the features you want!! guess not

·
Registered
222 Posts
usually it will depend on what kind of burn you want done. i know FC does it and when i did mine i had the idle raised to 1000 and that was it and it cost $50. usually for a custom burn it will be upwards of $120.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I am getting a custom chip from Diablo for 229 plus 120 for the custom work. If you have a JFA8 code, Pm me-I have a standard Superchip for sale.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so on average, how much does it cost for a chip to be burned?? like total cost including the chip and burning?

·
Registered
99 Posts
doesnt a chip void the entire warrnty... b/c i know other mods just void that specific part... or if they think it caused the probolem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts