Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinkin about putting a head on before I do the bottom end to see what that gives me so I can see what increases i will see piece by piece instead of doing it all at once.

if I made 144 whp and 126 lb of tq. w/the following mods:

crower 2 cams
crower valvesprings/retainers
iceman pipe w/crap filter
exhaust was just custom junk lol (kinks all crimps)
diablo chip tuned by mcnews
f.c pullies
00 ported intake mani.
kamikazee header
fidanza cam gears
ported t.b

right now since then I had this installed:

pipercross viper w/the iceman pipe
mbrp 2.25" exhaust
F.C throttle body port matched w/the intake mani.
fidanza 8.8 lb flywheel
4.06 final drive
and mobil 1 synthetic oil lol

what kind numbers would I be looking at doing the F.R head w/the following mods? whp and wtq....I know not anybody is going to know the exact number and all, but I'd like to know what kind of round about increase i'll be looking at.

also what I should go w/in the head? does it come w/bigger valves already? and should I go get it milled to see better gains? or should I wait to get it milled until I get the pistons/rods?

I really appreciate the comments if you help me out a lil bit here

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
you'll gain somewhere between 1 and Eleventy Billion Horsepower. (betting you'll be closer to one)

I dunno... it all depends on tuning and tolerances at that point. Anywhere between 150 and 165.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there anybody in here that might have similar mods that might be able to put a couple numbers out? see what they think?

btw Bur I was hoping something along the lines of 20 billion horsepower

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I hear of a head coming that will kick everyone's ass...

Unfortunately, I think it'll be rather pricey.

But expect it to outflow the SVT head, which is known at the moment to be the best flowing head on the market for the Zetec.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
didnt realize the svt head was the best flowing head around. i thought i read some oscar jackson flowbench work saying the fr head is far and away the best, very hard to improve on.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

But expect it to outflow the SVT head, which is known at the moment to be the best flowing head on the market for the Zetec.
y keep us in the dark?

·
Registered
19,264 Posts

y keep us in the dark?
Cuz if I tell... they might not give me one free cuz I told em I'd keep it hush hush till its public.

Sorry. But trust me... you'll want this.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah someone let me know lol, I would like to see what this thing will do.....

but on another note, does anybody have a good idea on how the F.R head is?

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I'll say this much: I just gave them my spare head this week to use for R&D. So I wouldn't expect it to be just around the corner... but maybe around the corner and a few blocks.

The FR Head is very good. If you're looking now... I'd say get it.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I have asked this before. What size injectors are usually needed with a FR head and a set of typical stage 2 cams? With the usual 4to1,cat back,etc. Anyone's experience?

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
I have asked this before. What size injectors are usually needed with a FR head and a set of typical stage 2 cams? With the usual 4to1,cat back,etc. Anyone's experience?
Stock MAFS and injectors will work fine with that set up. Get a tune and you're golden.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I'll say this much: I just gave them my spare head this week to use for R&D. So I wouldn't expect it to be just around the corner... but maybe around the corner and a few blocks.

The FR Head is very good. If you're looking now... I'd say get it.
to who?

who is going manufacture this head when all is said and done?
is going to be a whole new cast?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Kona.
No prob. I got the FR head and FR 2 cams and I keep being told by the pros that I'm not even COLSE to maxing out the stock bits.
hey kona, how much did you put out to the wheels w/your setup? and where did you get tuned at?

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
Still working out some bugs, so I haven't dynoed it yet with my current setup. Gotta dial in my cam gears too.

FocusSport/SCT does my tuning.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts