Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I already painted my interior and I am in the process of painting my drums and calipers. What other little things are there that I can paint?

·
Registered
433 Posts
well little ??

you could match your nozzle things on the hood same as hood.. ??

dont know .... your car is your opinion.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Why, your windshield, of course!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
It isn't painting.. but there is always things like clear or smoked corner lenses. about $20 on ebay will get you a pair. A shorty antenna makes a pretty good improvement. I have the steeda triple chrome one.. little expensive but I like it the best of what is available. There is also billet aluminum AC knobs and cigarette lighter that are fairly inexpensive. Diamond plate floormats make a pretty big difference in the interior as well, but are usually kind of pricey.

Imagination is the only limiting factor here.

·
Registered
871 Posts
i might know somone who has a shorty antena for sale. pm me if you want it. i will trade for almost anything.

·
Registered
510 Posts
i just painted my upper grill and the thing were you windshields come out off the same color as my car. i am in the process of painting my lower grill and rear bumper grill at the moment. i will post pics as soon as its done so u can get some ideas.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I made my own shorty. Cut it in half and glued a tip on it. Looks great.

Paint the engine lift brackets before they rust. Looks really ugly under the hood when they do.

Keep the engine detailed, its easy to keep it nice, hard to bring it back.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already have a shorty but thanks for the ideas, What are engine lift brackets? Is there any way to paint the dome light trim? I am scared I will break the light if I try to take it out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Open the hood. Sticking above the valve cover on a zetec are two bare steel brackets. Ive noticed on cars a couple years old they are rusted. Prime and paint them before they get ugly. Rust really destroys a nice engine compartment.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I already have a shorty but thanks for the ideas, What are engine lift brackets? Is there any way to paint the dome light trim? I am scared I will break the light if I try to take it out.
All you have to do is use a small flat head screwdriver to get the light part out...after it is out there are two phillips screws holding the trim plate it, just take those out and paint it as you wish...I did mine and I had no problems...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts