Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to beat a 01'civic ex with a cold air intake..
and what is their top speed he told me the stock limit is 130 i told him mines is 105.7 per the digital speedo in the cluster.. i haven't raced him on the track yet but i just want to know for my own info is he right about the 130 mph stock?
I think he is lying but a 1/4 won't prove it though

nitrous or not im still your daddy
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I believe that is right...
I use to have a Honda Civic SI 1999 and it went up to 130 mph...but I don't know about an EX..
The Si was made to be a sports car not the EX..
and what did he say his 1/4 time was??
I believe that the EX is a SOHC v-tec..that should give you at least a high 16 second time or no higher then a low 17's..

ONE

[ 12-10-2002, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Hitokiri ]

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I had a 93 civic ex. that thing felt VERY mushy at 130, like it was sitting on a waterbed. I had a few mods, but nothing compared to what I had when someone hit me and totalled it.

in any case, the 93 can at least get to 130. yeah, it was a long stretch of highway with a very slight decline to it, but still.

in response to your question, I would agree with ukcuhp in that you can take him with proper driving. a buddy of mine told me that a zx3 can actually take a 99 Si if you can get him off the line (althought I've never been able to find out personally). the zetec holds the torque award compared to the vtec. just know your car... shift points and whatnot and you should have no problem if you're runnin stock.

[ 12-10-2002, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: speedy_zx3 ]

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Originally posted by speedy_zx3:
it was a long stretch of highway with a very slight decline to it, but still.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And a Focus, with a select few bolt-ons+cams can do 157mph...

...on a Dyno.

- Drew

·
Registered
245 Posts
Actually guys i have to say the new EX Vtec engine isn't bad. I have had the chance to see a modded(lightly) Ex sedan and coupe run very quick and on the freeway forget about it, they are fast! The Zetec rains off the line but in high RPM the Vtec will kick butt! And the newest model EX is the fastest one yet.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
dont consume urself w/beatin 1 car, ur buddies car, or any other car 4 that matter. waste of ur time and energy. put it in 2 makin a nice car that U'll enjoy. go and make ur car good enuff 2 beat this cat, and there'll b some reason as 2 y it happened, mechanical, driver, what u spent vs what he spent blah blah blah. b/c if ur satisfied thats all that counts. there's always some1 faster than u. its just a bunch of BS, do it 4 urself, no1 else.

-Ult

[ 12-10-2002, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
816 Posts
si's with intake exhaust and header can bury the speedo past 140 no chip or anything like that '99 model at least...

·
Registered
292 Posts
with proper driving you should be able to beat him stock, the sohc vtec isnt that quick, i doubt it will hit 130mph, maybe 120. a sohc vtec will run around 16.8-17.2 in the 1/4 mile

[ 12-10-2002, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: ukcuhp ]

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
he never told me about his 1/4 but i taken for a loop when he sd 130 i was like sure but with no chip no nothing i told him impossible. i think 115-120 mph reasonable but 130.....

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
my friend's 98 ex was at 115-125 and it didnt take THAT long to get there and this is flat road boys and girls, ever been to the illinois farm country?

edit: oh yeah, stock

[ 12-11-2002, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: FocusOnPunk ]

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have heard, but don't quote me, that on all cars I believe '95 and newer by law they have to have a speed govenior. That when you reach 112mph give or take a few ponies that it will automatically drop you back down to about 85mph. To remove this you need to get a Chip. This is what I had to do on the SPI. So if I am right (hoping) you should be about even on top speed.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by SuperchargedSPI:
I have heard, but don't quote me, that on all cars I believe '95 and newer by law they have to have a speed govenior. That when you reach 112mph give or take a few ponies that it will automatically drop you back down to about 85mph. To remove this you need to get a Chip. This is what I had to do on the SPI. So if I am right (hoping) you should be about even on top speed.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">nope...Hondas has no governors...130 is right... you will never reach the speed on the track anyways so it dont matter...

you can beat a 01 civic EX w/intake STOCK...just take out your spare,jack etc...easy win...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts