Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems like every street prepared (import racer) car I've seen at a car show goes into the mild class....

What exactly makes up the "Wild" classification?

Granted, they have tons of classes at shows so that lotsa people win, but what exactly does one have to do to their car so that it bumps from "mild" to "wild"?

I've heard that all bolt on = mild no matter what (turbo, body kit, etc...)

So would hydros classify as "wild"? Custom molded body kit?

Anybody know if there is an official type rule book for these things?

·
Registered
744 Posts
more than $50000 in your car would put you into the Focal Jet "Wild" Category

·
Registered
921 Posts
It really depends on a lot of factors. Most common are 'suicide' doors, head and light conversions, and car to truck conversions.

·
Registered
657 Posts
JERRY KUGEL !!! need i say more

·
Registered
139 Posts
that wings west car. i forget if it's a honda or acura, or maybe there's one of each floating around... but anyways it has a sick airbrush paint job, and the driving position is moved to the center of the car. it's wild. yeah definatly wild.

·
Registered
144 Posts
according to the n.o.p.i. rule book, engine swap, will put you into "wild" if it is from a different car.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
focusongreg...its a new honda civic si that has 250,000 dollars worth of work done to it! i think that definately classifies as WILD!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Originally posted by focusongreg:
that wings west car. i forget if it's a honda or acura, or maybe there's one of each floating around... but anyways it has a sick airbrush paint job, and the driving position is moved to the center of the car. it's wild. yeah definatly wild.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually, that's the new Alpine car audio demo car. I had a chance to see it first-hand out at CES. If you think it looks good in the pictures, you would crap your pants if you saw in 'in the flesh'. I know if sounds absurd, but the pictures really don't do it justice! It sounds amazing as well. Definitely the most "Wild" car I've ever seen in person.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts