Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
uuu I can deffintly tell you right now a FC TB & Early 2000 ported intake manifold will bring your car too life!!! some major tq!!!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Yea for 130 bucks or so that manifold doesnt sound to bad of a deal. My manifold looks like they glued it together. Is porting hard on the area where it bolts to the head? TB porting just sounds easy. I would do the hi flow cat but that would make my exhaust louder.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
well i think the high flow cat will give better gains than the manifold...

if i remember correctly the high flow cat gave around 7horsepower (more than the header)

and the manifold will give around 4-5

plus then later on you can do cams/cam gears

if you get that manifold...does that mean possibly another mod g2g?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Thats what i was thinkin....mod gtg hhhhmmmmm good idea! The manifold is cheap to. Damm cat is 300 bucks! I dunno after income tax return ill have more money to throw around!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The FC TB was one of the most bang for the buck mods I put on my engine-it really woke up the JRSC but since you have other free flow intake/exhaust mods it should work really well for you. It's a little cheaper than the random tech.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I have a volant, esslinger udp, ford racing shorty header, borla exhaust, yo dude flex pipe. I want to do cams/ gears but that will end up killing my CAT (i love the sound of my car i want to keep the cat). I really dont want to chip it. What is out there what will yield me performance. I thought about the TB but that just improves throttle responce. Ported y2k monifold??? I dont know im lost. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts