Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that this method really stiffens everything up.....I'm asking all of these suspensionn questions because I plan on having a fully functional but streetable setup so when I plan on hitting some twisties HARD I know I have something I can rely on.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
everywhere there is supension movent your best bet is to get the master kit from energy suspensions it has every bushing and other associated pieces you need. But not polyeurathane has a tends to squeak so make sure all parts are lubricated with the supplied lubricant.And yes the car will handle great

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where can I find the master kit from energy suspension? I apperciate the help

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Uhhh. Putting polyurethane everywhere will probably make your ride quality suck. Also, how do you like the idea of taking your entire suspension apart every year or two to relubricate or replace the bushings?

In general, you will get the best benefit from replacing the bushings on your swaybars, endlinks, and rear trailing arms. You can also do your front control arms, but some people would recommend against it.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmm alrighty lol.......still sounds tempting.....but taking apart the suspension doesn't sound fun : /

·
Registered
510 Posts
I think some people around here have said its best to leave the rear suspension alone as it relies on the flex of the rubber to work properly. And as above some have had problems with the fca's. so maybe swaybars, endlinks and engine mounts.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Trial and error has shown me that street use should = OEM rubber bushings and strictly track use = urethane, or better yet, a combo of aluminum and delrin...

Another couple O' pennies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts