Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size is the oil feed fitting going int the head?
I am trying to order all the lines for the turbo and i nee help.
Also does any one sell a oil feed and return kit for the focus?

·
Registered
534 Posts
when i was looking to get my feed and return lines i just bought the feel line and fittings (4an) off ebay and the return line and fittings off ebay as well (dont remember the exact an size so i dont wanna give u a false one so just ask around someone will tell u what size to use)... as for the fittings that go into the head... i tapped into the rear of the block rite beside the starter which i'd recommend but i think that hole is the same size... but as for them fittings u can get them at ur local hardware store thats what i did... when u remove the plug thats in either the head or block now just take that with u to the hardware store and match that to the fittings u need...

jason

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
OK thanks for the help guys, but does any body know what 1/8ntp is in an sizeing?
yes... its 1/8 npt.

"NPT" is a standard. Go into any store and ask for a 1/8" NPT... it'll work.

·
Registered
445 Posts
is that the pressure sending unit behind the coil pack? or are you just tapping into the block

·
Banned
1,109 Posts

block OEM size is 1/4npt, brass plug is 1/4npt to1/8npt the blue fitting is 1/8npt to 3an and the 3an line is 40"

·
Registered
445 Posts
tekkin, do you have a little bit mor soomed out shot of that area, I can't quite picture where exactly that is on the motor

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
It looks to be directly under the bottom of the intake manifold on the back of the engine.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
yep. that's the oil filter directly behind the line.

on my setup i am running the fitting from behind the coil pack. i think that one is 1/8 npt.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
and as for the AN .. well you will need an adapter from 1/8" npt to AN (whatever size your line is)..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought that I needed an adapter from an to npt

And getting oil from that plug by the filter is a muck better place than off the head because you do not have to cut the coilpack up.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i have a hard feed line on my car and i couldn't imagine making one from all the way back tehre to the front.. the head was alot more convenient for me at least.. cutting the bracket is nothing really scary to do..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ended up using the head for oil and used a hard line too i used 10 ft of copper line and made my own oil cooler.

too bad my oilpan is leaking and I have to re do the fitting.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I thought copper was no good for automotive use because the constant vibration will cause it to case harden or something like that - some sort of metallurgical phenomenon. I don't know the term. Obviously.

Also, make sure you acutally have oil pressure at that fitting on the head. Somebody (ZX3focusguy maybe?) trashed a brand-new turbo because there was no oil pressure at that fitting.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Okay, I googled it - it's not case hardening, it's WORK HARDENING that I was thinking of.
Work hardening reduces ductility, which increases the risk of brittle failure, according to engineersedge.com.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts