Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at F.I for about 2 mouths now. i know i want a supercharger. Either the powerworks or the procharger.

Is the power-works upgradable?
procharger?

i will be getting a built short-block.

·
Banned
926 Posts
Powerworks...I mean honestly is there any other alternative at that price range?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Ill tell you, I drove a few powerworks cars @ jetfest.
I drive a sedan with the stock blower and it was great, I also drove the car with the "big boost kit" and it was scary fast.(to me) I have a jackson racing unit andI love it but I swap it for a PW kit in a heartbeat.

You stated you couldnt decide between the PW and the procharger. how do you drive your car? The powerworks kit is good for boost right now! The procharger is like the vortech and must build boost higher in the revs. Personally however inefficiant they are.... I love roots type blowers.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Powerworks...

For Power Sooner
OEM like Engineering and quality
CARB certification
And that overall cool blower whine

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I vote for the electric superchargers on eBay. I've been running one for like a year and it's nothing but smiles....

Yes, get the PowerWorks. It's the only way to go anymore.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I like the Prochargers. Love the sound they make at idle.

On a side note, Kenne Bell should make a twin-screw for our cars.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Wont happen... I was in contact with KB for the longest time to be the test car for a screw type SC that was "in developement" they dropped the project and have no further plans as of my last conversations, I guess that could have changed, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
For the money you'd save on buying the Procharger you could get a smaller pulley, FMIC, MAF, and injectors and you'd be making crazy power out of a blower that does not rely on the engines oil supply and isn't a roots style blower both which are going to keep your intake temps down.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
the roots blower doesn't rely on the cars oil supply and it's intercooled, so the downfalls of a roots blower aren't as large an issue. Plus the procharger does require maintenance. You do have to change the oil in the SC housing just like you change your cars oil.

The procharger has a wacky intercooler location, and very low hanging parts which could be an issue. The lack of CARB certification makes emissions something to consider. And you can't discount the value of cosworth engineering vs procharger.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I agree somewhat, but you also cant discount how Long ATI has been making superchargers, in fact I think they started out making superchargers for military equipment used by the Gov't.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I wasn't insinuating that roots use the car's oil supply I was just informing him that the ProCharger does not unlike the "other" centrifugal blower.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
just curious, other than Blox (who had the prototype) has anyone on the jet purchased/driven a Procharger?
Looks like "TenTwelve" and "shmillerjr" both have the Procharger.

"thabrat" had one for maybe a week or two before he re-sold it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
just curious, other than Blox (who had the prototype) has anyone on the jet purchased/driven a Procharger?
Looks like "TenTwelve" and "shmillerjr" both have the Procharger.

"thabrat" had one for maybe a week or two before he re-sold it.
Well I had a mishap on the dyno.
So, mine will be back on the road hopefully within days if not a week. I haven't even gotten to drive it boosted yet, but it did sound insane on the dyno and it made good power the run before my intake manifold decided to spit a piece into the engine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts