·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...a parking lot attendant?

------------------------------------------------------------

Type of Work Experience: Parking lot attendant

Work Setting Experience: Retail service establishment

Generic Skills: Reading skills , Working with others , Planning and organizing skills , Problem-solving skills

------------------------------------------------------------

I already sent an email with my resume so yay me!

Job Bank Profile 498991

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But it's at a dealership... It wouldn't be valet parking d00d, although that'd be cool.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Maybe someone checking those ticket things when you leave?
edit: if its at a dealer, maybe you are one of those people that goes and fetches peoples cars from service when they come to pick them up? if you are, don't squeal the tires in the customers cars, the parking lot attendant here got chewed out by me for doing that. Only I may squeal the tires on my car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't even know HOW to squeal tires. :-\

But driving would be awesome!!! I loooooooove to drive!

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
my friend did that at the Ford dealer i bought my car from. he would move cars from service to the lot, or to the parking lot where they'd wait for their owner after service, and he'd wash cars, and after the techs fixed cars a lot of the times they would have him take the car out and beat the crap out of it to see if it was fixed. that part really bothered me, especially after i had my fuel pump problem they returned my car to me with dead bugs all over the front

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yum - dead bugs

But do they really have the 'right' or whatever to do that to someone's car? I mean, who wouldn't like to be able to take someone's car and drive it on the highway in first gear and take corners 50 km/h faster than the suggested limit?

·
Registered
482 Posts
U would still be a Valet. U basically pick up customer cars from service and drive them up to the front of the dealership.
Yeah, that sounds about right. I did that for one day at a local Chevy dealership until I figured out how bad it sucked, in which case I said thanks, but no thanks. It was interesting to be able to drive numerous cars, even if they were short distances. Of course, it was really fun trying to drive a van rigged with hand controls that belonged to a guy in a wheelchair.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How did that work?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I am a valet parking dOOd and its a pretty easy job

I get to drive all my dream cars and get paid to do it
I drove lots and lots of benz, bmws, jaguars, porsches, you name it I drove it!

Im yet to drive a Ferrari or Lambo but some of my friends have driven them

·
Registered
172 Posts
One time I dropped off my wife's Cavalier at the dealership so they could replace the broken rear defrost. They gave me a loaner so I went into work to catch up on some stuff. About an hour later they called to say it was all set, come and get. I pull into the lot, and think "That's funny, the car isnt parked in front of service." So I go in, sign the bill, and the guy can't find my keys. WTF! So he asks the other guy to bring it around from out back. He comes back, says its not there. "Oh, they must be washing it"
Nope, not in the wash bay. 15 minutes of this crap goes by, and I'm more than pissed at this point. I look out the window to see the car pull in, and the Service manager get out with a tray of Coffee and Donuts. "Uh, yeah........we had to give it a road test."

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Its called a lot tech. They move cars for display, clean cars, what ever needs to be done. They are the b***h of the dealership.
I should know. I used to be one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts