Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife made the mistake of letting it slip at her workplace that I buy & sell on eBay. Her boss owns a few self storage places, and when someone falls behind on payments, he keeps the goods. So he sent this home with Linds today, hoping I can figure out just what it is, and what it is worth. I would imagine it is am aftermarket part aimed at Hot Rodders. It has a price tag still attached with $225 on it, but theres no way of knowing if the guy bought it for, or was trying to sell it for that. I'm pretty sure it's from a 32 or so Ford Truck, but have no idea what the technical term for it is. Grill Shroud? Radiator Shroud/Cover? Front Clip? I don't know. Anyone feel like letting me know? I don't mind doing the leg work, I just need to know what it is I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.

The more I look at it I feel lke telling him it's crap, not worth anything, so I can keep it for myself. I think it would make a killer frame for some Pinstripe art.

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
I think they call it a grille shell or something along those lines.

And, yes, it's definitely a hot rodder type of item. I'm sure you could get some cash for it.

My suggestion is, check around on ebay and hot rod parts sites, see what they go for, and price accordingly. Make yourself some cash off of them. It's pure profit to you, so why not?

·
Registered
236 Posts
They are called grill shells. The hole in the bottom is for the crank handle to start the motor manually. Lot's of people build little shelves inside of them and put car memorabilia in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts