Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine the focus came in 5 body styles, and 5 (now 6) trim levels. What body style, trim levels, Color, and "option package" would you get? What's the total "MSRP" and what would you realistically be willing/expecting to pay for the car (after rebates, incentives, and negotiations with dealer)

Also are there any options you would have liked to get, but didn't because they were in a "package." If this option was available separately, how much would you be willing to pay for JUST this option? (don't include it in the total price for your car)

NOTE: do NOT comment on what you think all the trim levels should be, there are other threads for that. Simply choose what package you would pick, what option package you would get, and why you picked it over the others choices.

Body Styles:
---------------------------------------------------------

HX3 (Hatch 3 Door)
HX5 (Hatch 5 Door)
CX2 (Coupe 2 Door)
SX4 (Sedan 4 Door)
WX4 (Wagon 4 Door)

Trim Levels:

LX <font color="white"> ____ </font:mad:MSRP $13,999)Base Model
LX Sport:(MSRP $17,999)Track Ready, Tuner Model
SE <font color="white"> ____ </font:mad:MSRP $15,999)Standard Edition
GT <font color="white"> ____ </font:mad:MSRP $23,999)Luxury Model
GT Sport:(MSRP $23,999)Luxury/ Performance Model
SVT RS: <font color="white"> __ </font> (MSRP $29,999) The focus supercar!

Pricing Is based on HX3 and CX2 body styles
For HX5& SX4 add $500 to the MSRP
For WX4 add $800 to the MSRP

Optional on ALL trim levels would be the Advanced Safety System (MSRP $2,999). This would add all wheel disc, anti-lock brakes, with EBD, EBA, Traction control, and AdvanceTrack Active Stability control system. It would also include side impact, and side curtain airbags (front and rear) with passenger size, and out of position sensors.

Colors

Standard:
Pitch Black
Cloud 9 White
Screaming Yellow
Competition Orange
Sonic Blue
Twilight Blue
Light Tundra
Green
Infra-Red

Metallic: (+ $200 not available on LX/base model)
Liquid Gray
CD Silver
Molten Gold (Metallic yellow)
Meridian Copper (Metallic Orange)
Arctic Silver (Blue/Silver Metallic)
Neon Blue (Metallic Sonic Blue)
Starlight Blue (Metallic Twilight Blue)
Mountain Green
Lava Red

<font color="blue"> LX </font> (MSRP $13,999): This is the stripped basic car.
Standard features: 1.8 duratec engine (120 hp) with auto transmission (4 speed) and soft ride suspension.
Exterior: black plastic trim on doors, door handles, trunk, mirrors, 14 inch steel wheels
Interior: 4 speaker AM/FM cassette, manual cloth seats, black and gray accents
Options: Premium package ($1,499); power windows, locks, mirrors, keyless entry, AC, manual sunroof, and a CD/MP3 player.

<font color="blue"> LX Sport </font> (MSRP $17,999): This is the stripped performance car.
Standard Features: Same as LX plus GT sport's powertrain, and suspension.
Exterior: Same as LX, plus Black body kit (like the street edition focus) and 16 inch alloy wheels.
Interior: Same as LX plus sports seats.
Options: Same as LX

<font color="blue"> SE </font> (MSRP $15,999): The most common trim level, the focus for the masses.
Standard Features: 2.0 duratec engine (150 hp), CVT automatic transmission, power windows, locks, mirrors, keyless entry, AC.
Exterior: body colored trim on doors, door handles, trunk and mirrors. 15 inch steel wheels, and euro style halogen headlights.
Interior: 4 speaker CD/MP3 player, Manual cloth seats, black and silver accents.
Options: SE + package ($1,499);15 alloy wheels, 6 disc in dash CD/MP3 player with sub, trip computer, cruse control, power sunroof, map reading lights, and lighted vanity mirrors.

<font color="blue"> GT </font> (MSRP $23,999): This is the fully loaded, luxury focus.
Standard features: 2.3 duratec engine (220 hp) with a sport shiftable CVT transmission, power one touch up/down windows and heated windscreen, power locks, power auto dimming, heated mirrors, automatic HVAC control, and Reverse Sensing System
Exterior: Body colored trim with chrome accents on the trunk strip and door handles, 16 inch alloy wheels, and Auto leveling HID headlights, and Euro style bumpers.
Interior: Upgraded dash with seamless airbag cover, wood accents around HVAC vents, door grabber handles, and radio bezel, mach 500 sound system, heated, power, leather seats.
Options: The technology package (MSRP $2999); power opening, panoramic sunroof, HDD based GPS navigation system, 6 disc DVD/CD changer, cell phone link, rear seat dvd entertainment system, and wireless networking (802.11b allow wireless transfer of media files from home network to car.

<font color="blue"> GT sport </font> (MSRP $23,999): This is the focus enthusiasts car.
Standard features: Same as GT plus 6 speed manual transmission, LSD and sport tuned suspension, and upgraded brakes.
Exterior: Same as GT plus 17 alloy wheels.
Interior: Same as GT except Brushed aluminum accents instead of wood, and leather sports seats.
Options: Same as GT

<font color="blue"> SVT RS </font> : The Focus super car! (MSRP $29,999)
Standard features: This car features a turbocharged 2.3l engine (295 hp), AWD, 6 speed manual
Exterior: Features a unique sporty look, with unique bumpers, grills, body trim, body kit, lights, and badging. Lights feature a "black smoked" look
Interior: Features a back to basics interior with monotone black, racing style sport seats, Amenities like AC and radio are NOT included
Options: + GT ($4,999), adds all the amenities from the standard GT focus.
Technology Package* (MSRP $2,999); power opening, panoramic sunroof, HDD based GPS navigation system, 6 disc DVD/CD changer, cell phone link, rear seat dvd entertainment system, and wireless networking (802.11b allow wireless transfer of media files from home network to car.

*Requires selection of + GT

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: New focus Trim levels, What would you buy?

HX3 in LX sport trim with ABS. I like my Malibu Blue but I know they don't have that anymore, but I don't recognize any of the other blues you have besides Sonic, so I'd have to see them hehe.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts

Competition Orange CX2 with SE+ package minus the wheels and 6 disc cd player. Add the GT powertrain, brakes, and suspension for 3-4K.

I guess you could call that an SE Sport package???

This is a great thread.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts

The only way to get a manual is to get a Sport? Manual should be standard on all, optional on all, maybe no cost option on the upper models.

I like the LX Sport idea, that would be ideal. But don't make the sunroof part of the Premium package, I wouldn't want it, but would take the rest of the options.

The body style names remind be of Saturn though.

·
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The only way to get a manual is to get a Sport? Manual should be standard on all, optional on all, maybe no cost option on the upper models.

I like the LX Sport idea, that would be ideal. But don't make the sunroof part of the Premium package, I wouldn't want it, but would take the rest of the options.

The body style names remind be of Saturn though.
It seams the majority of people with mainstream foci don't want a manual, and those who do want a manual prefer "sportier" cars, so I grouped the manual together with the sportier models (manual, sportier suspension, and sportier look). I just don't think it's cost effective to have a manual available on those models. That's why I didn't bother with the Manual on the LX or SE models

Would you prefer the Premium package was $1,200, and the manual sunroof was $500, or simply not available on the LX sport?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

The Manual should at least be as available as it currently is on ALL Models.
To have it COMPLETELY Unavailable is shooting yourself in the Foot.

And Where TF do you get a TWO Door??!!!???

·
Registered
530 Posts
Re: What would you buy? New focus Trim levels,

LX sport with the premium package. I'd have to get a dealer down about 2-3k. The GT sport I think is a little out of you average focus-buyer's range...

·
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The Manual should at least be as available as it currently is on ALL Models.
To have it COMPLETELY Unavailable is shooting yourself in the Foot.
Ford is not out to make as many cars as they possibly can, there out to make the most money they possibly can by making cars.

Manuals are seen as a "cheep" alternative to having an automatic transmission, and come standard on most cars, adding an auto is usually a $1000 option. Most people in the US prefer automatics over manuals, so once you make the manual a no charge option, you lose all the people who were picking that feature as a way to save money. Now having more than one transmission choice is going to make the manufacturing process more complex. That RASES the overall cost to make EVERY focus, and makes quality control harder (since there is more things that can go wrong) In the end it may just not be financially worth it to offer a manual on standard foci. Ford would lose the VERY few people who want a manual in the standard foci, but ford may also gain some customers by having the "superior" (in most peoples eyes) automatic transmission standard, and at a lower price than the competition.

And Where TF do you get a TWO Door??!!!???
"Imagine the focus came in 5 body styles,"

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts

SVT-RS stripped of everything. I would sell everything for this car.

·
Registered
733 Posts
SVT RS Straight up....
I would trade in my car tomorrow for this...
Hell I would even give up my GTR32 for it...

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
I want a WX4 stripped down and ready to take out to the track.. Green.. RF green not the new one.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Since the SVT RS wasn't there before I must change my vote. Except you have to have AC as an option, otherwise it becomes undrivable here in Texas. Otherwise yeah, the RS for 30 grand is a no brainer.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Re: What to buy? New focus Trim levels, NOW RS to

Do we need a focus LX? why not replace it with a true entry-level Car like the fiesta, and free the Focus to be the mid to premuim Compact car it should be.

So I would go:
LX sport 15k
SE 16k
GT 18k
GT sport 19k
SVT RS. 30k

With the fiesta
LX 10k
LX sport 12k
SE 13k
SE sport 15k

base Duratec 1.8 110hp, LX sport adds 15in Alloy wheels, upgraded interior. SE adds to LX (PL PW , AC) SE sport adds 130hp Duratec 1.8, 15in alloy wheels and sport interior body colored clading.

Another question here should the new Futura fit in this lineup?
LX 18k
LX V6 20k
SE 20k
SE V6 22k
SEL 26k
SVT 29k

LX 170hp duratec 2.3, LX V6 adds 225hp Duratec V6 upgraded suspension, brakes 17in wheels. SE adds to LX upgraded interior, power seats, full body colored trim(mirrors, trunk trim.) Alloy grille. SE V6 add 225hp duratec V6, upgraded suspension, brakes 17in wheels, SEL adds to SE moonroof, 225hp Duratec V6, automatic HVAC, 17in chrome wheels, leather interior, heated and cooled seats, chrome Trim.

SVT 300hp AWD, Leather, 18in wheels, larger brakes, SVT suspension, 6spd MT or AutoMT.

·
Registered
556 Posts

Now why do I want to tease myself into thinking I have the ability to sell some body part for an RS? I know it'll never get here...I need to just let it go & move on with life WHY DO YOU KEEP HAUNTING ME!!!! oh...sorry guys...guess I have an RS addiction problem

·
Registered
582 Posts

HX3 GT Sport, though I'm skeptical of that power out of a NA duratec being practical.

SVT RS? I'd have to see it. If it turned out to be significantly better than the EVO at the same price.... I'd be very tempted.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts