Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so far i have bought Bosal Exhaust,UPD,AEM CAI,
i have about 500-600 more to spens what do you guys recommend next. i was looking at S-AFC and "chip" but i heard the chips didnt do much for 5speeds. any ideas would be great. thx for the tme and info

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
header or throttle body

·
Registered
970 Posts
do both header and tb u can get em both for around 600, they would complete the intake and exhaust package imo. good investments.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i would do some sort of header. but i would definetly go with focussport which ever one you decide. excellent quality.i have had no problems with mine rusting or leaking.

and i have my old throttle body thats been ported i will let the borrow, before you spend the money on one you can kinda get a feel for what its going to do for you. i will either give it to brian or i will bring it to the next G2G.

mike

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mike that would be great.how did you port the TB?

i will pay you on friday for the AEM CAI

·
Registered
60 Posts
Jamie,

My vote is for header, then Crower 2's at this stage in the game. Yeah, that's more than $600, but I love spending other people's money.

I wouldn't write off the chip completely. TheChipGuy (Mike Wilson from Charlotte) has burned custom chips for Rich - you basically tell Mike what you want, and he'll burn you a chip. He also has a "flip chip" with a little 4 position selector to allow you to choose between 4 different programs. You can up the rev limiter, advance the timing (need premium gas for that), disable the EGR, adjust the speedo (for smaller/larger diameter tires), and several other things. IMHO, it's something you'll want to do near the end of your mod list, so Mike can optimize a chip for your setup. The Ford EECV system is pretty darn versatile and programmable for a factory ECU.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i thought about going ahead and get the Diablo chip and installing my SAFC that i already have in the garage and going from there i know how to tune somewhat with the AFC and i know Tom Hoppe does also

[ 02-12-2003, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: TurboColtGT ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts