Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i was think of buying a Race header to fully complete my intake/exhaust mods. I've got AEM CAI, bbk throttle body,Vibrant exhaust, and think i need that race header(focusSport),

Q.1. will i notice it more than any other mods i already have, and how much much much louder will i be, im already about 2 blocks lud now?

2. should i get some camgears and what should i set them at with my mods(intake/exhaust) and can i do the header my self?

3. now would i even notice a UDP with a new header and the cam gears, what else could i buy for the best $ for the horsepower that ill notice.

4. Ifs theres not much ill notice, i was thinking of buying some projectors or hella taillamps, and ill def. be buying some progress springs soon.

CAN u guys give me some oppions on what to buy, and what id RUN 1/4 mile if i add a race heaDER came gears? THANKS

i WANNA TRY TO BE CLOSE UP WITH AN SVT!

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Definately go with the race header and cam gears.... but get the gears tuned.... don't try to just guess with the butt dyno... cuz you'll find much better results when you can see the power difference.

As for volume? Yah its gonna be loud. Maybe look for a good silencer (I'm not familiar with the vibrant... sorry).

As for the UDP. It couldn't hurt. May or may not "feel it" but it does help!

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Actually, I'd say to go full out FocusSport exhaust.

Aluminized Cat-Back, Silencer, Flexpipe and header... Prolly less than $850 shipped. (I'm guessing....) Products combined are $815. Leaves ya $350 for other toys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts