Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have about $1,000 that I can spend on my car. I want to do more stuff to the motor here is what I already have done to it. Diablo chip, thermal exhaust, esslinger udp, iceman intake, FC throtle body. What do you think that I should get that will get me the most bang for the buck. I am not really sure if I want to go the way of Nitrous. So tell me what you think I should do. Oh I also forgot to tell you that it is an automatic zx3 (currently running 15.9 in the 1/4 mile).

Please help me out

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
5 speed tranny?

·
Registered
550 Posts
if you don't go nitrous, i'd definitely go with a cylinder head from tom or focus sport.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
i/e/chip/pulley gives you a 15.9 on an auto?
maybe my car isn't as slow as i thought. im only missing the chip off your combo.
edit: do headersssssss

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would say go with a header and flex. You will feel the power gains, but it's in the high end range. But if you hit 15.9 in an auto, I'm sure you know how to hit the higher RPMs w/ your focus.
BTW i'm using my brother's pda to type this. This thing is sweet!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was really surprised how fast my car was, the 15.9 was without the throttle body and I had my 17" wheels on and my 2 12" subwoffers in the trunk. I think that my car might be a bit of a freak. But I am not complaining.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone else have some ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
short header/hi-flow cat/flexpipe
or
race header/flexpipe

Cam sprockets/stage 1 cams/dyno tuning

·
Registered
560 Posts
15.9 on an auto with only those mods are GREAT!!!!! even a manual tranny with those mods would run about the same or just 0.2 faster if the car is not gutted.

as for the mods, I think you should finish the exhaust side first.. (like you should get the header and flex pipe) and then finish the intake side (get the 2000 ported intake manifold)
after those 2, then you should start with cams, cam gears!!
But some ppl do suggest that you do cams and cam gears at LAST because then you won't have to do many dyno tunes after mods to save some money! But if you are not that serious about making a lot of power, these mods with dyno tune will already give you a quite powerful focus!!

that's what I thought, step by step!

hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
15.9 on an auto with only those mods are GREAT!!!!! even a manual tranny with those mods would run about the same or just 0.2 faster if the car is not gutted.
Ive read somewhere on this site saying that the auto focus is about 1 sec slower in quarter mile then a manual. so i think the manual would run a little faster then that. But as for 15.9 thats a great run.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts