Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a auto zx3 with thermal exhaust, iceman, esslinger UDP, diablo chip, and a FC throtle body(not on yet). What else should I get x-mas is coming up soon and I am not sure what to ask ny parents for. What else will help my performance, I am not sure what to do next. Don't say turbos or superchargers, thats out of the question. I am currently running high 15's in the 1/4 mile. I want to go faster. Tell me what you think.

Thanks, Mike

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Crower stage 2 cams & a flex pipe to help open up that exhaust. What about a header?

[ 11-28-2002, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: zx3ford ]

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about a header, but how much will that help? Shortie header, or race header?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
you deffintly deffintly want a Race Header and flex pipe!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about emmisions, will the car fail? Will the car sound drasticly louder?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
thermal exhaust is pretty low tone..wont be LOUD LOUD..but yes quite a but louder...You will fail emmisions yes..it removes the cat...do what everyone else is doin and swapping the stock exhaust components back on when it comes time for emissions...

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
If you want to you can go with the shorty and the flex pipe. I had 141 hp and 124 tq with almost the same mods as you with the shorty.
I had cams though.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of times are you running?

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Well I have changed my setup again but I ran a 15.1 the last time out. But with that setup I was running 15.7's all day. Keep in mind that my cat was clogged so there was probably a few more 10ths to be had.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is your car an auto or manual?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
not 2 mention dev loves his big fat greasy ladin' w/juice steaks off the grill. so 2 him eatin good is more important than a couple 10ths. which is the way every1 should think, specially on thkgvg!!!

-Ult

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
ohh believe me I ate ate and ate some more and still look skinny..damn I love it...

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Originally posted by Mahtipsey:
Is your car an auto or manual?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Manual.

Ult- Nothing wrong with livin good. If I wanted to drag race and do good I would have to eat salads and ****. That ain't gonna happen.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hopefully with the throtle body on I will hit 15.6-15.7. Maybe with the header I could be a little lower than that. I ran a 15.9 with my 17" wheels. I think thats pretty good for an auto. What do you think?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
amen, 40bux worth of shrimp, crab soup ladin w/crab, fillet mignon on the side, ur norm veggies, and some alaskan snow crab legs, w/a choice of 4 deserts at the end. it was 2 much, and thankfully we have 4 refrigerators, cuz there were leftovers abound w/that kinda food and only 4 family members.

'sey-some cams of ur choice (just not 2 crazy), the upgraded valvetrain parts that accompany it (do it once do it right). and then ask 4 a flexpipe as well. i really liked that mod. as it was 1 of the precious few i kept. and port ur TB b4 u buy an aftermarket 1.

-Ult

[ 11-28-2002, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
amen, 40bux worth of shrimp, crab soup ladin w/crab, fillet mignon on the side, ur norm veggies, and some alaskan snow crab legs, w/a choice of 4 deserts at the end. it was 2 much, and thankfully we have 4 refrigerators, cuz there were leftovers abound w/that kinda food and only 4 family members.

'sey-some cams of ur choice (just not 2 crazy), the upgraded valvetrain parts that accompany it (do it once do it right). and then ask 4 a flexpipe as well. i really liked that mod. as it was 1 of the precious few i kept. and port ur TB b4 u buy an aftermarket 1.

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">he already has the TB..its not installed yet though....

damn aftermarket TB hater!!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
vince u dork lol

didnt read up that far was lookin at what dev said. oh well. i, like every1, doesnt like stuff that doesnt work or doesnt work 4 the price u pay. unless internal engine work has commenced, i dont c any aftermarket TB b'g much of a help save 4 placebo power via the response. just dont mistake the response 4 power. double check that ur aftermarket tb opens all the way under control of the gas pedal, not just by hand as well. in its favor is that it'll grow w/ur mods as they come.

good luck, Yes, 15s in an auto focus is VERY good. keep it up.

-Ult

[ 11-28-2002, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts