Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to lower the sedan. It's an '01 if that matters
I'm sure this topic has been discussed before, but I searched the first few pages and there wasn't anything. The car will just be a daily driver, no auto-x. Ofcourse I'll be taking twisties harder, but that's about it.

From what I could understand the svt suspension lowers the car half of what the eibach lines do.

The question is - is the price for the eibach pro's worth the difference between it and the SVT suspension for a daily driver? Also - I won't have problems installing these on my car, right?

Thanks

·
Banned
5,338 Posts
you can get a SVT kit. which has all the sturts/shocks, springs and a rear sway bar for about 300. brand new. and yes its only about 1/2-3/4 in lower then stock. the pro kits are 1.5 in drop. if you are just going to drive it daily and not autoX i would go with the svt. it has some to do with looks also. if you are going to buy wheels and tires you might want the lower one. but seeing that you live in Michigan like I the Svt would be good. even for winter

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
you can get a SVT kit. which has all the sturts/shocks, springs and a rear sway bar for about 300. brand new. and yes its only about 1/2-3/4 in lower then stock. the pro kits are 1.5 in drop. if you are just going to drive it daily and not autoX i would go with the svt. it has some to do with looks also. if you are going to buy wheels and tires you might want the lower one. but seeing that you live in Michigan like I the Svt would be good. even for winter
Very well spoken. I have the eibach on my sedan and love it. I just attended JF and i was in MI with my car. I now remeber why i moved down to FL. Those roads sux. I would also highly recommend the svt kit. It will be much better for you in the winter time.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
The Eibach will look cooler, but the SVT will be a lot more confortable. Plus, in my opinion, the SVT kit will handle a bit better, for half the price of the Eibach Pro-kit.

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
I have the SVT kit, and just put on the Eibach anti-roll kit today, VERY good combination for a daily driver. Still very comfortable ride, but able to tear up some twisties if need be. I am very happy with this combination.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are the best places to order the SVT kit from?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I ordered one from newegdeperformance.com yesterday. I went with the svt because of the roads in arkansas some are nice some are horrible, that was a big deciding facgtor in my purchase.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
It will fit. zx 3/5 sedan and svt all share the same suspension. The svt got a drop out of the factory. The only one that is diffrent is the wagon. I think you will be gappy with your purchase.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awesome guys, will post pics after drop. Only other thing is - Can I change the suspension, keeping in mind that I have no experience with such things... I saw the guide and will aquire the needed tools. Is that enough, or do you need experience?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
If you know which direction to turn a bolt to loosen it you can do it. There really isn't much to it. When i did mine, i took the front struts up to a friend at a shop and had him "load" the front strut's together.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts