Ford Focus Forum banner

what to do...

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  MegzFocus 
#1 ·
i won a kit on ebay but the guy selling it had no feedback and has not yet responded to my emails i dont wanna send the money and get ripped soo i offered to meet up since he lives in nj.. but no reply... now i am thinking of just purchasing the kit on line so i have no worries bt am afraid once i do that he will respond and demand for me to pay... so what should i do...

#2 ·
given that it's ebay, you have no obligation to pay until the seller makes contact with you, just make sure your email (that's registered with ebay) is proper. If you get negative feedback from him so be it. You'll still have your money and you can easily plead your case in response to the negative reply.

#7 ·
Check the actual auction carefully and the seller's information (profile or terms), he may state somewhere he has 7-10 days or more to contact you and request payment. If he states this anywhere you will be obligated to pay.

I have some very recent ebay selling experience. Our account clearly states (if you look it up) that if an item is purchased Fri-Sun you will not hear from us until Monday, otherwise our response is (I believe, but forget we are quick lol) 3-4 business days. So if you bought from us at 12am Friday it is feasible you will not hear from us until Monday at 11:59pm and you would still have to pay, thats just about 4 days.

If you have not heard put in a request for the sellers information, ebay will let the seller know that you have requested the info...it will give you something to fall back on. Also if you do not hear leave the seller a negative feedback saying that you never heard after winning the auction...that is often motivation for a seller to get their act in gear because negative feedback can deter bidders quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.