Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been asked a few times already about NASA’s TT Format. So, I thought I would give a brief description plus here’s a Video done for ESPN by Dan Gardner, who runs a NX2000 in TTF here in SoCal. http://autobytel.espn.go.com/content/research/channels/index.cfm/channel/cartv_video/action/showvideo/vid/f_0089/vcat/Feature?s_prefs=h&vid=f_0089&vcat=Feature

NASA does their TT different then others, You will not be on the track alone to get your fastest lap. Each session is like a regular Club Race Qualifying session, It is no different then the Qualifying Session I'll be doing in the Spec Focus Race that same weekend. There is more skill involved then being just fast, you will need to be able to get through traffic at times. Now, you will have 4 to 5 session to get the fastest time of the day. Also, NASA does pre-grid for each session (except the first session), which will help limit the passing, but there still could be passing and traffic.

This is a open passing event. You can pass anywhere without point bys (but point bys are recommended). NASA also except you to make every passes safely, don’t do any last minute dive bombing into a turn or unexpected passing.

Also after each run session there will be a download Session Meeting that everyone must goto. If you miss it, you could be held out for the next session.

Hopefully this can answer some questions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
slidemaster said:
I dont want to be the joke of one of those download sessions;)

In the Socal region, nobody is. Its a place to learn from others mistakes. Most of the time its simple, broke too late, couldnt make the turn. Thats just part of pushing harder. You find the edge of the envelope, then go a tad too much. It happens and I know we ALL do it. Its a great place to hone the driving skill! :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts