Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just bought my 2003 Focus ZX3.

Winter is approaching so I'm not doing any mods until after winter, but I plan on getting all the parts I need over winter....

With that in mind, I want my car lowered...

I want to lower it between 1.5-2 inches all around, I'm not sure of the exact drop I want but I'm sure you guys could help me...keep in mind I nkow nothing about this stuff, so I need all the help I could get...LOL

So I need to know what type of lowering springs to get...I won't be racing. What are the best lowering springs and where should I get them? Also, will I need new shocks and struts? If so, what should I get? I simply want the car to have the lowered look and still handle and ride great...

I will be getting front and rear stress bars, and obviously the lowering springs. If I need shocks and struts I will get those as well, is there anything else I need?

Help is great Thanks a LOT!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Damn you're posting newbie questions all over this website. Use the search function

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I'm about to add the Eibach Pro Dampers from www.newedgeperformance.com to my ZX3 that already has SVT springs directly from Ford on it. Pretty easy swap actually. You'll more than likely want to go lower than the SVT springs do (around 3/4") so I'd recommend the whole eibach kit. You can get different levels of drop from Eibach with their springs, I think there's two different drop spring kits they have, pro-kit and sportline.

Get whatever one drops it the amount you want, I'm sure you'll like the setup.

edit - Don't just get springs, I'm pretty pissed I have to do this job twice, I really should have just saved till I got the dough to do both at once, it's not hard work, but it still sucks doing it twice. Also, the dampers are around $300 and the springs are around $185-190, if you're wondering about price.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's the diff. between getting dampers or getting new shocks and struts? I'm gonna go with Eibach, I'm leaning towards the pro-kit....

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Dampers are shocks and struts, just a different name for them. I actually changed my mind today, I'm taking off the SVT springs and doing the entire Apex kit, I'm in need of more drop than .75" and the price is right on the Apex stuff. Plus, everyone says it's a real nice and stiff setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts