Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking I need to take advantage of the storage surrounding the spare tire.

(I FOUND THIS IMAGE ONLINE, IT'S NOT MY ACTUAL CAR)

What tools (sizes) do you think I should carry at all time, in case of emergency? I'm thinking jumper cables, lighting (glow sticks, flashlight, flares), orange reflective cone, a couple screw drivers, pliers, ratchet, extensions, sockets/wrenches (not sure what the common sizes for this Focus are), zip ties, my SCT (for code scanning), and first aid supplies. Anything I'm missing? What sizes of sockets/wrenches should I keep in the car?

Any and all opinions are GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Lots of extra room if you have a AAA card:) those are all good ideas, though if you have a decent combo socket set and a set of metric wrenches, pliers, sidecutters and maybe an ohm meter, or heck even one of those odbII Bluetooth readers and your phone. Though it's a new enough car to not really needing much unless you plan on driving across country or something

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just like being prepared. I take road trips of around 800 miles back home every now and then, and we just had our first child, so I want to be as prepared as possible. It will also help if I run across someone on the side of the road or if something happens to my wife's car, I'll he prepared enough to limp cars home.

·
Potato Camera Operator
8,401 Posts
I certainly understand the desire to be prepared. My list of supplies I keep in the car every day is rather lengthy.
- 250+-piece tool set (socket sets, screwdrivers, wrenches, hammers, pliers, dikes, knives, flare nut wrenches, etc.)
- 2-ton floor jack
- Wood blocks to aid jacking
- Jack stands
- Duct tape
- Electrical tape
- Lights
- Torque wrenches (3/8" and 1/2" drive)
- PB Blaster
- Spare tune-up and hard-to-get wear items
- Full-size spare tire
- Factory space-saver spare

1 - 4 of 4 Posts