Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are a few different tunes out there, and i was wondering what you guys think works best; is there a reason to get a tune from wayne or is the one from focus sport just as good?
i have the sct xcalibrator2 and i am running the zed0 tune, and i love it; it is worlds better than stock and is a lot better than the rla6 tune that was programed onto the unit.
I'm just asking what your thoughts are.

·
Registered
426 Posts
FocusSport, cant really say if its the best or the worst cause its the only one have ever had, but it has improved the car all around.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have the Hypnotic Tune, gave me better power, mileage, car runs way better and even sounds meaner. I've heard great things about the FocusSport as well. I'd recomend either to anyone. Never heard of the "zed0 tune", but if it works for you and your happy, I wouldn't mess wit it, until want to do sometihng that will require a tune change.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have tried both tunes from FS and am now running the RLA6 93 octane version. The ZED0 feels a little bit sharper in normal driving but I am convinced that the RLA6 is smoother and stronger at high rpm.

If you aren't clearing the computer before you flash, try it. It seems to remember things that can mess with the new version going in.

The first couple of times I tried the RLA6 it didn't seem as good as the ZED0 but this last time it really seems to run better than it EVER did before! Weird stuff but worth trying back and forth a couple of times with clear computer before making up your mind.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a predator tune by Diablo Sport, I seem to have the same story as everyone else, much improved power, better fuel mileage as long as i dont tear around in it too much, otherwise mileage goes to hell. It improved the sound of the engine a little, and now my car doesn't get as choppy as it used too, also it got rid of the rough idle. Definately very happy with it. From what ive looked at, with the different tunes the predator program seems to give better power or at least thats what they say on the website. The predator can also be updated for further mods you do to your car in the future which is always good, and if you know what your doing you can tune your car yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.