Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting another car and getting rid of the focus because it has been just one problem after another. It started with a new transmission with 11,000 miles that lead to a new Radiator, then to 2 sets of Brakes and Rotors, a new a/c system, 2 new fuel filters, and a couple of more problems i can't remember and finally the topper my hella bad gas mileage all of 16.79MPG in City/Highway Combined. I have a 2001 Yellow Street Edition Sedan with only 15,500 miles on it in excellent condition inside and out with every option. SO what do you think I could get out of it for trading it in?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
If you're going to trade it in, look the dealership to offer you somewhere around the $6k-$8k price range.

If you want to see your car's value through the Kelly Blue Book, then click here to go to their site.

*yes resale value sucks for our cars

[ 04-07-2003, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Hi-Risk ]

·
Registered
355 Posts
economy sucks wait till after the war, then people will spend...boosted economy will give u great trade in on ur car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Resale value sucks on any two year old car. Depreciation hits big ticket items hard the first years of ownership. The other thing working against used cars is manufacturer rebates and low or zero interest loans. Payments on a new Focus would probably be about the same or a little more than a used Focus. Just for reference, I bought a brand new SVT Focus for 15,800. That includes taxs and tags fees, everything. Some people are getting the SVT for 14K. Your will be lucky to get 8K. Very lucky.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by 03zx3:
economy sucks wait till after the war, then people will spend...boosted economy will give u great trade in on ur car.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Even if the economy is great, the resale value of the Focus will never go up.

Even before 9/11, the resale value of the Focus stunk.

That's how it is with most American cars.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well,here in Co a brand new ZX3 will set you back a whopping $7995-$8995 after rebates depending on the dealer.True they're not "loaded",but even SVT's were adv for @$14(one place had one marked down to $12,900).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts