Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what it would take and be streetable at the same time.I personally think it's silly to do in a Focus and second a Crap load from here to the moon for Power
The wagon with the jet engine does it in 8 seconds right?? Oh well your opinions ladies and gents

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
and streetable?

Tubbed RWD FI'd V8 comes to mind.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
enough to make it barely a focus anymore. it cant be done (at this point in time) with the SVT zetec without a lot of work, making it barely (if at all) and SVT. and im not even aware of a focus running anywhere near 8's with the zetec, or with stock driveline, etc. so lots.

·
Registered
887 Posts
a miracle and a vivid imagination...

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
isn't 8 seconds like really really really really REALLY fast? like "we have a car that really isn't a car anymore but more like a cage with a big engine and a fiberglass shell" fast?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Originally posted by Jared:
isn't 8 seconds like really really really really REALLY fast? like "we have a car that really isn't a car anymore but more like a cage with a big engine and a fiberglass shell" fast?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Like, not so many years ago, Pro-Stock Fast!!!
Build a Pro-Stock car, and you've got it....

·
Registered
749 Posts
cover the car with stickers and put on some apc tail lights and you will be in the 7s

·
Registered
13 Posts
ok the best i remember shawn carlson ran low 10s or high 9s with the zetec, with the pinto motor he ran 8.60s i think. the FWD but all carbon and definatly not a street car. joe morgans car runs 8.80s and i have heard the radio playing in it. it had a full interior and everything they even said they drive it on the street all the time. thier are alot of 8sec. cars i see all the time on the street but thier all v8s. mostly late model camaros and mustangs. it is posible but itll cost alot of cash...

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
So, what's under Joe's Hood??

You didn't specify, and it's in the range w/ the 2.3 #'s you quote...
???
BTW, I wonder what a properly-geared 300+ HP AWD WRC Focus would turn in the 1/4???
Tom has the HP, but it's not "Hooked Up"...
I wonder what they'd do w/ the AWD and 1/4 mile gearing?

[ 05-22-2003, 04:09 AM: Message edited by: MichaelXi ]

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by MichaelXi:

???
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">its a pinto engine..with a very small turbo.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by MichaelXi:

???
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">its a pinto engine..with a very small turbo.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Mornin' Vince...

I'm 'bout to Crash out, so save the PM's 'til Tomorrow, Stud...

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
will do..but on the real joes car has..a ton of stuff!

ok its a 2.3liter esslinger midget block and head...turbonetics t80 housing with a y2k wheel... makes 840 hp at 24pounds of boost.. 1000hp at 40pounds... pectel t6 same as the wrc focus...c4 trans.. a 9 in. housing with a 8.8 center section... 4 link rear end just like a pro 5.0 car

ummm thats it off the top of my head.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
And he's Running only 8.80's....(I say only because he's making THAT MUCH Power...
)
There's the answer to our Topic-Starter.
Just do THOSE things to the SVT, and "Voila!!!".
I still wonder what kind of 1/4 the WRC cars would run w/ proper gearing...

[ 05-22-2003, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: MichaelXi ]

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Meguiar's Ford Focus, built by Nuformz Inc. produces over 800 horsepower of pure asphalt ripping power. That incredible horsepower number is made from a small 2.0 liter 4 cylinder Zetec Ford engine.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts