Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused::confused::confused::banana:i know u have seen all the hondas and acura with jdm...right....
i drive a 2003 ford focus svt but with the europen pack....what would u consider my car to be...i know its made in the US but i know the have them in Europe.....

JDM = Japanese Domestic Market
USDM = United States Domestic Market
CDM = Canadian Domestic Market
EDM = European Domestic Market]
:thumbup::thumbdown:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::hump:

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Yea however the SVT wasn't available over in Europe. The closest thing we have to what they ever had was the 1st gen zx3 w/ the zetec. Then we have 5mph bumpers so the car still looks different along w/ some other things. The euro appearance package was probably just b/c it might look like something kind of from europe but really has nothing at all to do w. europe.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
You have the USDM ST-170.
:)

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Yea however the SVT wasn't available over in Europe. The closest thing we have to what they ever had was the 1st gen zx3 w/ the zetec. Then we have 5mph bumpers so the car still looks different along w/ some other things. The euro appearance package was probably just b/c it might look like something kind of from europe but really has nothing at all to do w. europe.
SVT = US version of the ST170 model offered in Europe

Hence why MichaelXi said: USDM ST-170 :)

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
Actually the SVT was built in Mexico so wouldn't that make it an MDM?

Although that makes most North American VW's Mexican as well I believe, they hate it when you bring that one up.

·
GTI> SVT > Kona
1,372 Posts

Although that makes most North American VW's Mexican as well I believe, they hate it when you bring that one up.
They who...? ;) :p

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
They who...? ;) :p
Go over to any VW site and mention the fact that the Focus is a European design and you'll get such a beat down you won't know what hit you.

For some reason they can't stand that being a fact and they go really nuts when you point out that a lot of VW's are Mexican built.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Go over to any VW site and mention the fact that the Focus is a European design and you'll get such a beat down you won't know what hit you.

For some reason they can't stand that being a fact and they go really nuts when you point out that a lot of VW's are Mexican built.
My brother in-law Nick used to own an MKIII Jetta. The horn played la-cuccarocca when you hit it.... and it came like that from the dealers' lot. VIN confirmed it was build in Mexico :rock:

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
wasn't the zx3 closer to the st170 then the SVT?
No.

The ST170 and SVT were essentially equivalent. Their development was pretty much the same, as there were common people that worked on both those models (met a few of them as well through SVTOA).

I'm not sure how you'd figure the ZX3 being closer to the ST170 than the SVT. :dunno: Specification wise, the ST170 and SVT were closely matched.

·
****ney-4-Life!
3,685 Posts
Mines made by zee germans.

Reliable little bugger unall.

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I'd say its a SVT Euro package, then again I was never much into hondas and dont really care bout xdm. To me its a car, and sure theres different parts in different markets but yea...

·
Registered
5 Posts

yeah, all the VW's in North America as well......i hate it myself.......

i mean, if i want a TDI, it needs to be a German diesel, not a Mexican one......design or not, having that in the back of my head would bug me.....

and yes, it does bug me that my Focus is also made in Mexico.....i wish it were "Made in Germany"......:screwy:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts